Build 10166: myAppFree deals can't be gotten for free

alb3530

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
After reading that classic Store app (from Windows Phone) has been taken out from build 10166, I knew something wouldn't work in the beta Store.

Unfortunately - at least here - I can't download any of myAppFree deals for free in the phone.
Even entering in Windows Store website using PC, it tells me "You need to sign in with a Microsoft account on your phone before you can get apps from Windows Phone Store."

I'm already signed in in my phone.

I also can't get it by browsing Windows Store website via phone's Microsoft Edge.

I'll try the "Download and install manually" approach as soon as I can.

It's really a pity they removed the original Store app in build 10166, letting only a beta version that doesn't include all functionality.

Best regards

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, haven't even thought about that. Hopefully, MyAppFree and Microsoft get that settled before the update goes live (which I see happening with how much of a success MAF has).

anon(9002117)

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this is related but in the new store I have advertising on the windows central app even though I paid for it

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Its not a problem with myApp free.....the beta store just doesnt recognise the user has paid licence for an app hence the store downloads the trail version of the app...!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit