Reset or not ??? win 10

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i just grabbed the latest build for my 930 and yes its got bugs. So do i hard reset or not ?? ive read a few conflicting reports on here about problems from hard resetting and not hard resetting so which is it ?? also do i then use my back up and restore or do i start fresh and install everything manually again ??
cheers for the help

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
It's kind hard to say as it is depends on device, usage, number of 3rd party apps and various other stuff...

However I did reset on my testing device but did not on my main device that I using on a daily basis and to be really honest I can't confirm that build 166 looks any better, faster, more fluid or less buggy on formatted device so my suggestion is to test it without formatting and if you notice any mayor flaw or problem just do it, simply as is...

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply, My only bugs so far are camera not working from the camera button, ive now added a tile to the home screen. i cant share photos from the photo i have to go into the actual app i want to share with Ie open whats app and add the photo.and i cant change my start sceen image but i think thats a win 10n bug still

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
That's what I'm talking about, I have no any of your problems, camera and photo sharing works just fine, no matter if using it from the photo app or file manager. I also have no problem with changing start screen background but at the same time I'm having some problems with this annoying endless start loading loop and that appears from time time...

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
yeah this build fix overheating and battery drain, ok il hard reset tomorrow and see how that goes
Tend to disagree with U, battery drain is pretty much the same as with previous build and very often I'm facing overheating as well, at least this is the case with my 925...

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
how about using a back up ?? should i load my saved back up to try and start fresh ???

I was on 10149 with my L635 and could not upgrade to 10166 getting an error. Hard reset gave the same error. So I flashed back to 8.1 and install 10166 clean with no restore. Everything works fine. I did not hard reset in 10166. Also when I flashed back to 8.1 I did not update 31 or so apps pending to be installed. When I got to 10166 I had zero app in the queue!

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I was on 10149 with my L635 and could not upgrade to 10166 getting an error. Hard reset gave the same error. So I flashed back to 8.1 and install 10166 clean with no restore. Everything works fine. I did not hard reset in 10166. Also when I flashed back to 8.1 I did not update 31 or so apps pending to be installed. When I got to 10166 I had zero app in the queue!

I did exactly what you did and my 635 is running great on this build. Glad yours is as well.

Akhil_007

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
certainly it depends on your phone data, no of apps etc..
i have lumia 720 upgraded without hard resetting.....only issues i'm facing is loading loop that lasts for 5-6 minute if phone reboots...
but thats okay bcz rebooting is not occurring to that extent.....rarely..
so its working quite nice...all apps are working apart from core apps, for me!
even if my device is of low specs, i'm kinda enjoying win 10 on it.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
ok so i did a hard reset and now ive lost assess to a lot of apps, lumia moments lumia camera a few other lumia apps & kodi remote. ive searches the new store but they are only in the old store ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss