Reset or not ??? win 10

skyh1gh

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
i have lumia 1520. every time i tried to perform hard reset, it ended up in boot loop with sad face on my screen, so i had to use nokia recovery tool (not microsoft recovery, since it couldnt load drivers).

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Says Lumia moments is now unavailable. Also still cant share photos from the photo :(
Bozza when you go tho the app store touch the hamburger menu in the top left hand corner of the screen. From that drop down menu go to my library. You will be able to download many, but not all of your old apps. It also shows you which apps don't work with this build at the moment.

Darron Smith1

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Bozza, are you able to change your Start screen now? I had that problem. Hard reset fixed it for me and I'm glad I did it, but I'm unable to use certain apps as well. Took me many tries to get OneNote back. Reading list still doesn't work, and Here maps finally works. Hopefully you find that your other apps begin working again.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
yep i can change my Start screen now, also camera button now working once lumia camera was delted, still cant share photos from the photo , i get the list of share options but when i try to select and app the list vanishes....(some kind of MS magic at work)
also where is the setting for allowing camera roll to upload images to onedrive ??
i do like this bild and can live with the bugs so my posts here are not complaints just curiosity :)

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had to do a hard reset with my 640 xl when upgrading to 10166. the reason being is I had a lot of apps loaded on my SD card, and the upgrade broke them. I think it's because 10166 changed to using just the new store, and I think this changed how apps are stored and linking them. in any case, i hard reset so I could reinstall apps and make them work.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i just grabbed the latest build for my 930 and yes its got bugs. So do i hard reset or not ?? ive read a few conflicting reports on here about problems from hard resetting and not hard resetting so which is it ?? also do i then use my back up and restore or do i start fresh and install everything manually again ??
cheers for the help

No conflict. Hard reset is best. Also, do not allow all your 8.1 settings and apps to populate your phone after a reset. Load them on after the upgrade. If the device is warm after the upgrade, its not ready for files. Wait until the device cools down. Then add files.

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
The only reason my phone was warm is that it instantly started downloading apps in the background. After that mu phone has been very cool.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I do recommend a hard reset after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1. If you look in the Notification Settings for Win 10 Mobile, you will probably see a bunch of broken GUID entries that do not map to any apps. Although that may not be a "show stopper", I prefer to start from a "clean" position. That's what a hard reset would give you.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
ok well i installed 10, the did a hard reset then restored settings, which i think is giving me trouble, i might hard reset again and not restore, see if that helps

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
ok well i installed 10, the did a hard reset then restored settings, which i think is giving me trouble, i might hard reset again and not restore, see if that helps
I did a few threads about the issues I had with installing this build. What I found that works best is detailed here.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/363772-its-8am-my-1520-10149-im-goin.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/362671-i-bored-so-my-920-running-10136-a.html
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/366328-its-dead-jim.html

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok so now i have my phone with just the basic stuff on it and without a restore. so how do i get all my apps back but without my settings ??? i have a few apps that have been discontinued but i still get them when i use a restore.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok so now i have my phone with just the basic stuff on it and without a restore. so how do i get all my apps back but without my settings ??? i have a few apps that have been discontinued but i still get them when i use a restore.

Did you try going into the Store, hitting the hamburger menu then hit library? Should have your apps that are in your account

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon