10166 end of call --> broken touch

Mariusz Purwin

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've problem with 10166 mobile. I'm using 10166 on 1520 upgraded from 8.1.

After end of call and return to lock screen I can't do anything. Touch screen doesn't work. I must reboot phone, because I can't unlock it.
I have password set on lockscreen. I didn't HR because after HR there aren't glance screen options.

Does anyone have same problem? Maybe any solution?

Eddie Mendoza

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed this problem in previous builds, I cover the sensor at the top of the phone (front facing camera) with my finger then uncover it and ussualy I get the End call options and then it works fine, annoying but fixable

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that happened to my L1520 once a couple of days ago. In my case the screen was locked (passcode-enabled), a call arrived, and I couldn't unlock the phone to answer the call. I couldn't even flip the screen to power down the device; I had to hold the power button to force a reboot. After rebooting the device, I returned the call, and couldn't hang up the call without rebooting again. If it happens again I'll remember Eddie's post. Thanks, Eddie!

xaris93

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem too. It doesn't happen at every call, but it is annoying. I don't have password on lockscreen and i didn't HR.
If you HR and the problem is gone then inform us pls.

Lumia 930, upgraded from 8.1 straight to 10166.
Sorry for my english.

Yasen Filipov

May 29, 2013
Visit site
This is the only thing that's totally freaking me out in this build - everything else works fine, but the main function of a phone - to use it as a PHONE - is broken by this issue!!! The trick with covering the proximity sensor doesn't always work, especially if the other caller hangs up before you try to do it. I also did a hard reset and still the issue appears, especially when receiving a call.

EDIT: I just received a call while typing this and while I was talking, I decided to remove the phone from my ear until the screen lit up and then put it back on until the end of the call - it worked! Keeping my fingers crossed that this will always work - I can live with it until the next build - I really enjoy it and don't feel like downgrading to 8.1.

EDIT 2: Got another call, but unfortunately this time this trick didn't help at all - no touch after the call ended. However, double tap to wake works, as well as all the buttons. I hate this issue so much! I will wait some more time to see if someone comes up with a fix, and then I guess I'll have to hard reset one more time, this time without restoring anything and start installing apps one by one and test after each install to see if any of the apps I'm using are causing the issue, but I don't know when I'll have the time to do it...

Last edited:

omagic82

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I usually soft reset my phone a couple times a day because the lock screen on my 1520 goes unresponsive. I'm trying to hold out until the next build. Hopefully they fix it.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
So this isn't exactly what you're asking... but for Glance, if you download SysApp you can find the store link for Glance in there. When you go to it's link in the store, you'll have the option to open the app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo