Stuck on 10080, unable to upgrade Windows 10 or revert to 8.1

Ciaran O Reilly

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've had a search around but couldn't find anybody with the same issue so hopefully somebody can help me...

I have a Lumia 930, was on 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10 v10080 when it came out using Fast Track on Windows Insider app. After using it for a while I tried to revert to 8.1 using both the Windows Phone / Lumia Phone Recovery Tools but 8.1 isn't listed as an option to revert to, it only reinstalls 10080. Maybe I messed up and didn't make a back up of 8.1 before going to 10080, I can't remember...

Anyway, each time a new Windows 10 version comes out I try to upgrade but it always tells me I've got the latest build.

I've tried soft and hard resets several times, each time I re-register for the Fast Track releases using the Windows Insider app but nothing seems to work...

Any suggestions?

C.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure it reinstalls 10080 if you use the recovery tool? (did you actual try it?)
Because when you update to W10 the firmware version is not changed and if you use the recovery tool it compares the firmware (which is not changed) but if you just push the button "reinstall" software you will go back to W8.1
Good luck

Ciaran O Reilly

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

I used the Windows Recovery Tool twice, both times it seemed to only reinstall 10080, after I used it I still had Project Spartan, the Store (Beta) installed and the OS version in Settings / About were still the same as before the recovery...

I'll try it again in the next day or two and update this thread...

Thanks again,
C.

magio081

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
i have similar problem. But when i want roll back via Windows Recovery Tool, I don't have any option to reinstall.
Capture.JPG

Is there any way to download rom separately?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
i have similar problem. But when i want roll back via Windows Recovery Tool, I don't have any option to reinstall.
Is there any way to download rom separately?

Your case looks more like a "connection" error. Try different USB cables or USB ports or a different PC or reinstall the WPRT or use the LSWR.

Good Luck

magio081

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
When i tryed with other cables (from some old symbian) WPRT doesn't recognise phone. With 920 cable WPRT recognise phone but install button is grey.

With LSWR can't recognise phone with any cable. I tryed soft reset but nothing.

I'll try all that on win7, because maybe is my win10tp pc problem

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
yes, you can use nokia care suite to download roms. Or navifirm, much easier. Lsrt will recognise the rom and it will install it offline, but you have to copy it in the correct directory.
It seems like a network error, are you sure your firewall, nat or isp is not blocking something? Because if that's the case you won't be able to download the rom since there's only only place to download it from (if you can't find it hosted elsewhere)

magio081

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I found great guide on this forum (GUIDE: Flash and Convert AT&T Lumia 920 to Indian Lumia 920), I used just second part. And its work.

Thanks all

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I've had a search around but couldn't find anybody with the same issue so hopefully somebody can help me...

I have a Lumia 930, was on 8.1 and upgraded to Windows 10 v10080 when it came out using Fast Track on Windows Insider app. After using it for a while I tried to revert to 8.1 using both the Windows Phone / Lumia Phone Recovery Tools but 8.1 isn't listed as an option to revert to, it only reinstalls 10080. Maybe I messed up and didn't make a back up of 8.1 before going to 10080, I can't remember...

Anyway, each time a new Windows 10 version comes out I try to upgrade but it always tells me I've got the latest build.

I've tried soft and hard resets several times, each time I re-register for the Fast Track releases using the Windows Insider app but nothing seems to work...

Any suggestions?

C.
Try this. Plug in your phone to your computer without the recovery tool then wait for the drivers to install. Later when its done, use the recovery tool.

Edit: Actually ignore this, I'll delete the post later

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12