Lumia 930 UK and 10166 Notifications etc

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Been running this for a couple of days now, and encountered a few issues along the way. Who hasn't eh? That's part of the fun.

I installed W10 and then done a hard reset, and DID not restore from a back up. My contacts were saved to google and were added when I set up the Gmail in outlook. Everthing else was started from scratch. Not ideal for those who need to keep sms etc.

I'm probably late to the party BUT....Like a lot of people on here, I suffered the silent notification. I couldn't figure it out. Then something occurred this morning after a hard reset. I received an sms, no sound. I went into settings and was expecting to find the no app message at the bottom of the screen. I was bemused when messaging was there. I set up a 'native' tone rather than a custom one, and it's been working ever since. I sent myself an email, and there at the bottom of the screen was messaging and outlook. Set the tone and all is good. I guess an app has to request access to notifications.

Unlike many, I never had any issues setting up my other emails with outlook. I use a larger tile and it splits into outlook, google and sky. Edge is behaving, although it still needs to be quicker. Cortana is nice and quick and now allows me to send texts via bluetooth, rather than closing and showing lock screen! Just waiting for 'hey cortana' now!!

I have been in the store and downloaded a few things (office preview ;) )and I have to admit, the store is a little slow at opening, but has never crashed or f/c. Download speeds could be a little better. Considering I've got fibre, it seemed an eternity before they had downloaded.

The 'Here' apps work just fine, and whilst out in my taxi, I played with the navigation without any worries.

As yet I haven't found anything to stop me using it as a daily driver. Overall it seems pretty good and needs a bit of polishing. Some things are a not as snappy as 8.1. but this isn't the final version. If it was, I'd be kicking off!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Just one small remark about "Not ideal for those who need to keep sms etc."
If you enabled text back up in wp8.1 then you will not lose any sms-es even if you do not restore a back up.
The sms are synced with your MS account and if you use the same account again they will turn up again (if you enable text backup in W10) so they have basically "nothing" to do with or without a restore during a set up.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have now rolled back to win 8.1. My only reason for this is that the notifications sounds for email keep deselecting. I missed quite a few gmails and that's not good when you have an online booking system!

I like the feel of win10, but I'll wait a bit longer

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have now rolled back to win 8.1. My only reason for this is that the notifications sounds for email keep deselecting. I missed quite a few gmails and that's not good when you have an online booking system!

I like the feel of win10, but I'll wait a bit longer

Did you update the email - calendar app ? A new update late yesterday seem to fixed it for me now I'm getting notifications. Go to the store for the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12