Anyone else not hearing notification sounds?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
When my phone screen is turned off or the lock screen on, my phone will not play the notification sound for texts, emails, etc. However if I'm in my phone doing something else, it will. It's REALLY pissing me off how many messages I'm late to read lol.

This happens on my 1520 and Icon, both of which were hard reset after install.

So far this is my last show stopper bug to work around on this build!

Thanks!

luka6000

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
same here for my 830 :(
tried with banner notifications on and off and it was kinda ok and now stopped working completely.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
For texts if you set a sound per contact it will always play when the message arrives. It's only the global one that's acting up. Luckily there's only a handful of people I need to read their texts ASAP :D

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
For texts if you set a sound per contact it will always play when the message arrives. It's only the global one that's acting up.

Except.... none of the alert tones are an option, only actual ringers :(

Anyone have the Alert 7 sound they can post as a .mp3 so I can drag it into my ringtones folder? LOL!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine is a bit on and off and my loudspeaker has gone very quiet and tinny so I can't play youtube videos very loudly any more.

cravani

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I have this issue, but only with WhatsApp, on 10149 and 10166.
Also, most Outlook emails doesn't has any notifications.

labmarko

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem here on lumia 1020 no sound on stand by, after changing settings for notifications. I turned all as it was in the beginning and sound appeared again. try turning all options to on in notification setting. it worked for me ;)

It seems that is better not to change anything in setting for this build to work properly. i had same kind of problem with outlook.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
HERE IS THE SOLUTION Re: 10166 - Anyone else not hearing notification sounds?

Hey Dear Friends,

There are Notification sounds to select from . By Default the Notification sound is "default" which seems to not make any sound.

Steps
1.Go to " Settings"
2. Select " System " then scroll down to " Notifications & Actions"
3. Go down to the section " SHOW NOTIFICATIONS FROM THESE APPS"

This is where you should find all the Apps that you selected to be notified of like Cortana , Messages Facebook Etc...
Now the names of the Apps are Highlighted right?. Just TAP on the Name of the Highlighted app and this will open up the menu
to select the Ringtone / Notification sounds that are available.

Good Luck:cool:

TIP: Make sure you have the App turned "On" and ' Notifications " put slid to the right to " On"

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have messages in notifications, have it on, but it still does not work. A lot of things seem random, there are transient problems, but core functionality is there and I can use it just fine. I would not mind a new build soon, though.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I do not see messages in my notification list. I never get any live tile indicator of any txt messages nor do I ever get a sound notification of incoming txt's.

sharadh

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I do not see messages in my notification list. I never get any live tile indicator of any txt messages nor do I ever get a sound notification of incoming txt's.
Same here. I have to open my messages folder every now and then to check for new messages. One of the basic functions of a phone not working the way it is supposed be is a tad dissapointing.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
i have the 928 on 10166 and get not sound on new email, no sound on new text message.
i have changed the system sound for text message off of default to something else and have changed it per contact. still no txt message sound or email sound when new items arrive.
and this is the biggest reason I cannot move to it as daily use yet.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Seems to be with the reminder banner being present is what I have come up with. I get a calendar reminder and all sounds are gone till I dismiss that. Once I dismiss that, seems like all the sound notifications I misses come thru back to back to back etc till its caught up.

zita williams

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: HERE IS THE SOLUTION Re: 10166 - Anyone else not hearing notification sounds?

hi
ive tried all that but its still intermitant
this is my first windows phone maybe its just me?
its fine on my windows 10 laptop (phone is 10 also) am I doing it wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos