Office for Windows 10 Mobile requires 365 subscription

Theri0n

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
While it?s free for iOS where you can edit and create documents without 365 subscription.

Any new business-related service or application by MS is initially released for iOS and not every time for Windows.

Is this gentle way of killing Windows Phone/Mobile sales? Should I dump my Windows laptop and phone switching to Macbook, iPad and iPhone?

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone does not require office 365 subscription. Laptops and desktops are a different thing where I noticed that they do require a subscription now. The question is: Does the iPad require a subscription?

Theri0n

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
No. Cheaper is not going to buy new Windows set and going for actual MacBook/iPad/iPhone. I will have all new MS business products way ahead of Windows users, enjoy zillions of apps on iPad and iPhone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone does not require office 365 subscription. Laptops and desktops are a different thing where I noticed that they do require a subscription now. The question is: Does the iPad require a subscription?

There's in app purchase for the iPhone and Android versions. I'm guessing you can do some basic things with the app but need the subscription to use the full capabilities.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No. Cheaper is not going to buy new Windows set and going for actual MacBook/iPad/iPhone. I will have all new MS business products way ahead of Windows users, enjoy zillions of apps on iPad and iPhone.

Then get an iPhone and cut the whinge.

You don't need a subscription for Office on Windows 10 mobile.

Theri0n

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
It definitely does when you have Windows 10 Mobile Preview and install Office preview on Lumia 1520.
Office for iPad does not require Office 365 subscription for creating and editing documents. Office for iOS has way better and wider functionality than that of Windows Phone 8.1, better touch-optimized than that of Windows RT.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Surely a MacBook/iPad/iPhone is a lot more expensive than a Laptop/Surface?/Windows Phone?

Theri0n

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
When you add the appgap to the account, the price/quality ratio for Apple products is much more favorable than for Windows line with paid Office for mobile which was actually single killer feature for Windows Phone and RT.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
When you add the appgap to the account, the price/quality ratio for Apple products is much more favorable than for Windows line with paid Office for mobile which was actually single killer feature for Windows Phone and RT.

OK, you made your point. Now go buy an iPhone and stop spamming other threads with your whining.

Have fun with your iDevice. :)

Last edited:

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hamburger menu -- upgrade -- click on the unlock text to see the features that needs office 365. Editing and creating documents are not part of these features. Also, IOS and android requires 365 for these advanced features too. If you can't create a document without office 365, it is a bug.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I liked to read it but I don't understand it. If you're trying to tell us something I'd suggest putting it in English as this is an English forum. (see the rules)

Also, as someone has already pointed out it's possibly a bug. W10 is still in TP. The Office app just came out. Don't expect perfection.

If you can't deal with that, go get your iPhone and stop annoying everyone with nonsense. The Office apps will not require a 365 subscription on W10 mobile.

You've had your say and little rant (in several places). You've been told many things. It's time to move on.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Can you click on the third option with the lock icon? Also, make sure you check for updates as they released new updates hours back.

Theri0n

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I can press either OK or Cancel (Annuler). Pressing OK I'm being redirected to page where I have to join trial for 1 month and provide payment instructions for subscription.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss