Android apps on Windows 10 mobile?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you mean W10 running Android apps then the answer is no. If you mean developers using tools to adapt their apps to run on W10 via the tool that MS has created. Can't answer that as that's anyone's guess.

If you have a reference to suggest that Android apps are going to run on W10 I'd like to see a link. Because that's not my understanding currently.

Ragav suriya

May 30, 2014
Visit site
It depends on those android app developers mindset to port to windows mobile. Some will and some wont because they remain ignoring our platform as third option when they getting majority income from ios and android despite Microsoft's steps
suriya ragav

tcal0005

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hmm I might have misunderstood then. I thought that the android apps would be available themselves. If the developers have to adapt them to run on W10 then most probably they won't be available in the near future. Hopefully they will though.

Ragav suriya

May 30, 2014
Visit site
But Microsoft made it easy steps by project Astoria. I.e by modifying the android code with few steps to adapt windowsmobile. Currently tinycamera app for android ready to come to windows mobile 10. Similarly hoping for others. I even contacted some popular apps dev but no reply.
suriya ragav

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmm I might have misunderstood then. I thought that the android apps would be available themselves. If the developers have to adapt them to run on W10 then most probably they won't be available in the near future. Hopefully they will though.

If you watched the W10 keynote at BUILD it mentioned this and corrected the misunderstanding. There's a iOS app that's been used for some time that used the tools that MS has created for doing the port. They will have one for Android and iOS.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
But Microsoft made it easy steps by project Astoria. I.e by modifying the android code with few steps to adapt windowsmobile. Currently tinycamera app for android ready to come to windows mobile 10. Similarly hoping for others. I even contacted some popular apps dev but no reply.
suriya ragav

If you read the interview with Nadella about the 'strategy' of the mobile platform is not to have developers to think about the phone business but more about W10 on PC and xBox. Because it's universal apps now you make one app and you get it on all devices. Which is the 'hope'.

The strategy is risky by far but it makes sense.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
If you watched the W10 keynote at BUILD it mentioned this and corrected the misunderstanding. There's a iOS app that's been used for some time that used the tools that MS has created for doing the port. They will have one for Android and iOS.

Even candy crush saga for windows phone also a adopted app from iOS app store . I read it somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos