Windows 10 Build 10136 Nokia 1020 is dead?

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
So the other day, I got tired how my Nokia 1020 wasn't responding well with build 10136, so I did a hard reset thinking that it might fix the problem. Now it's stuck in a reset loop. It's about a third of the way when I get the frowny face and then restarts while it's charging. If I have it off the charger it just shuts off. Both WPRT and LSRT are not detecting it. I've down numerous hard resets to try to get it detected or finish resetting. I've also tried holding down the volume button while doing a hard reset to try to get the exclamation mark but all it does is reset constantly to the ATT screen. If I hold down both volume buttons I get the flash settings screen but my phone still doesn't get detected. What are my options? I know that my computer and USB card work fine, since I have a spare Nokia 1020 and it gets detect just fine. I don't know what I can do at this point other than to send it in for repair.

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Agreed - I'm running 10166 on my 1020 and it's a near-perfect experience!

I can't even get to that point. I do a hard reset (volume down and power button) and then it starts loading and then about a third of the way it gets stuck and then I get the frowny face and then the phone resets itself and then the same things happens all over again. It's been doing it for a while. I can't get either recovery tool to recognize it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't even get to that point. I do a hard reset (volume down and power button) and then it starts loading and then about a third of the way it gets stuck and then I get the frowny face and then the phone resets itself and then the same things happens all over again. It's been doing it for a while. I can't get either recovery tool to recognize it.

Is it connected to the PC with the recovery application running, aka, waiting for a phone to connect to? It should be in that state when you do the reset.

rchillin

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

I had a similar problem. What you need to do is plug your phone into a PC and run the WP recovery tool. Perform a reset and the tool should recognize the device when it reaches the ATT logo screen. If not, hit "my phone was not detected" and perform another reset.

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Is it connected to the PC with the recovery application running, aka, waiting for a phone to connect to? It should be in that state when you do the reset.

I tried it while it was connected, and I've also tried where I reset and connected the phone and then immediately started the searching for it via recovery tool. But still nothing.

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem. What you need to do is plug your phone into a PC and run the WP recovery tool. Perform a reset and the tool should recognize the device when it reaches the ATT logo screen. If not, hit "my phone was not detected" and perform another reset.

I've done that repeatedly but still nothing :/

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
How's your battery life? I'm only getting about 8hrs tops and that's if I barely touch the device.

I'd say 8 hours too, but with moderate usage (literally everything on including background apps and glance). So it's not as good as WP8.1 yet, but it is getting there

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I do not know how can you call a smooth experience on 1020. Store is loading data very hard, apps work very slow: outlook, calendar. Compared to 8.1 is a total downfall. Yes, it is a technical preview for now, but on other models it runs way better. I've held two 1020 side by side, one with 8.1 and mine with 10 latest build. there is a huge difference in performance. Mine was like an old Android phone :(.

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Try this
Press the Power Button until your phone vibrates
Then keep pressed the Vol Up key pressed until you get a new kind of screen.. Don't remember which color is .. Then try connecting to your PC and perform the recovery

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Have you done the hardware reset while the phone is plugged into the PC? Its a combination of hardware key presses as outlined here...
Yea, I've tried all those combinations but my phone doesn't respond to any of them except for "volume down and power" and "volume down and power then volume up" but my computer doesn't connect to it even while doing that :/

FeketeKacsa

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Try this
Press the Power Button until your phone vibrates
Then keep pressed the Vol Up key pressed until you get a new kind of screen.. Don't remember which color is .. Then try connecting to your PC and perform the recovery

Yea, I've tried that, it gets me to the Flash screen (charging symbol with settings symbol) but my computer still doesn't recognize it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss