Here maps and here drive no more available

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
As a title said, when I try to download this 2 apps, store shows me a message that they are not available anymore. What the f..k is this?!

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm on wp10 build. 10166
7b570715f08dff23811b2fce8b000ccd.png

vespernova7

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft is replacing here maps and drive+ with it's own mapping system. when i was on build 101040 i had problems get them to install so i tried windows maps as a substitute. windows maps has the same look and feel as here maps and drive. for those of us who are still on wp 8.1 those two apps are still available, but from the looks of it going forward Microsoft intends to combined the two apps into one app under their name.

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
same thing happened to me ,
I can't download lumia camera and other microsoft mobile (lumia apps) apps on my L535,
I think this is because of up-gradation from previous build where the old store downloaded the apps

may be the hard reset will fix it in theory, but i havent tested it yet. waiting for the next build !!

Dantunano

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
My mistake! I uninstalled Here Drive+ because the "unable to update bug" with the intention of reinstalling and now I find this.

And the MS Maps app is a poor substitute. No way I'm gonna settle with that crap (in my L640 "no GPS signal")

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My mistake! I uninstalled Here Drive+ because the "unable to update bug" with the intention of reinstalling and now I find this.

And the MS Maps app is a poor substitute. No way I'm gonna settle with that crap (in my L640 "no GPS signal")

Be aware that W10 mobile is still a preview with all kind of bugs and glitches. So if you can not handle this kind of "crap" don't install it.

marratj

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Be aware that W10 mobile is still a preview with all kind of bugs and glitches. So if you can not handle this kind of "crap" don't install it.

Besides of the problem he faces, Windows 10 maps works well since the latest update two days ago. I find it to be a good substitute for the HERE apps.

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there a choice in a contact to "drive to address" in addition to "map this address"? "map to address" alone takes too many steps to get to voice guided directions.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter what people don't seem to understand is Nokia IS NOT GONE. Microsoft has no say whether or not Nokia releases its maps services to windows phone just like any developer. Anyway, windows maps uses Nokia's maps data anyway.

cravani

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Besides of the problem he faces, Windows 10 maps works well since the latest update two days ago. I find it to be a good substitute for the HERE apps.
It's only missing "My Commute" feature, beside that Windows Maps promises to be a nice substitute to Nokia's Here.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 map actually uses HERE data. They also support turn by turn navigation. Let'sjust wait 4 them improve their apps.

And for HERE map. There is a trick to get it. First you have to have it before upgrade to preview before installing HERE

Few screenshot support my post

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150727_0003.png
    wp_ss_20150727_0003.png
    57 KB · Views: 13

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
The new map from Microsoft sucks big time, it couldn't find it's way out of a paper bag, it freeze's up after just a short time of use and has no class in appearance, features or
settings compared to Here Maps. Think about it took Nokia a good year or so to get it right, so lets give Microsoft 3-5 years. Until than we have CoPilot that never failed me.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Windows 10 map actually uses HERE data. They also support turn by turn navigation. Let'sjust wait 4 them improve their apps.

And for HERE map. There is a trick to get it. First you have to have it before upgrade to preview before installing HERE

Few screenshot support my post

System pusher app is another way to get HERE maps.

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't seem to be having any issues with the maps app in windows 10 mobile preview. I was looking for HERE maps in the store but couldn't find it. So last week, I decided to test out the maps app and compare it to HERE Drive+. I had maps on my Lumia 920 and HERE on my 520. Everything was the same, like literally, except for maybe a 0.5 sec difference between the voices telling you what to do next. The UI looks same, the voices were the same, speed limit warnings the same. It all makes sense because Microsoft is licensing HERE maps now and have made it better by integrating HERE maps and drive+ into one app.

AzmoD3uS

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The Windows 10 Mobile Maps app is HERE Drive and Here maps rolled into one. It works flawlessly. It might be worth downloading offline maps so it doesn't keep downloading map data on you while using it. Constant data connections like that could be a factor in the app crashing.

Again, your mileage may vary. I updated to the preview on my one and only Lumia 1520 with a hard reset, and apart from some annoyances like Outlook Mail app losing my email signature, and some instances my start screen gets that Loading... bug (which seems to get fixed by invoking Viber and then exiting out of the app using the back button to the start screen), it's been working pretty great!

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have download the maps I require from the start but did not do hard reset after loading windows 10 mobile, but the app crash continues for now. Maybe after the next OS update may fix this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786