07-27-2015 11:20 AM
81 1234
tools
    Turn on and off the battery saver it worked for me :D also the download bar is buged so just let it there and you will eventually see it be 100%
    07-22-2015 02:11 AM
    I'm using my 930 as my daily driver without any major problems now. I get an occasional unexpected reboot, but that was happening on 8 as well.

The one thing that I seem to have lost with this build is spell-check & auto-correct, and auto-suggest, feature in Messaging, Messaging, WhatsApp etc. The whole bar showing suggested words has disappeared. (Spell check still works in Outlook Mail).

I may be missing something obvious - anyone got any ideas how I can get it back without attempting a hard reset which I'd prefer to avoid now having a stable image.

Thx
    07-22-2015 10:54 AM
    I'm somewhat surprised at those using this build as their daily driver.

There were a few things that were very hard for me to swallow with the new build, despite some obvious advantages.

Advantages:

Improvements to Office Suite
    Outlook finally looks like the IOS version
    Enjoyed the look of the new store
    Liked Microsoft Edge [though I think IE is fine for Metro/Mobile].
    Theoretically I liked the idea of actionable toast notifications, but I never got any because ...

Disadvantages:

Text Message Notifications just didn't happen
    The Store Crashed on me Regularly
    Pictures would sometimes just not take or save
    Pictures would duplicate
    Replying All to an email would crash outlook

It had some nice strengths, but wasn't ready for action on the ICON, IMO.
    07-22-2015 02:19 PM

There were a few things that were very hard for me to swallow with the new build, despite some obvious advantages.

Advantages:

Theoretically I liked the idea of actionable toast notifications, but I never got any because ...

Disadvantages:

Pictures would duplicate

the out look email still need alot improvement and bug fixing,

no new mail count, live tile not working, auto sync is not working.... it is in pretty bad shape
    07-22-2015 04:05 PM

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Pictures would duplicate

Its my daily driver. Its not perfect as I do get a crash from the store from time to time, but everything else you're talking about works. I also have to say, you're missing out. :)
    07-22-2015 06:53 PM
    The new build that's coming out looks like a lot of stability and bug fixes no real new features. You can download the emulator on your pc.
    I would like to see the original calendar come back on my icon the outlook calendar doesn't even show the date it did on the last build so maybe that will be fixed as well as the over heating and battery drain.
    07-22-2015 09:58 PM
    As of right now outlook mail/callendar still pretty much sucks, it might look alright to some, but it doesn't have the basic features even the older 8.1 outlook had, and it's still behind the ios counterpart. Gmail still isn't syncing. Even after deleting Gmail and adding it again, and trying everything. My live account worms perfectly fine. Also nit being able to view both accounts at the same time ultra sucks. Lastly having calendar and mail in one absolutely makes literally no sense, I realize some of you like that l, but I absolutely hate it. I can't wait for the next build though, hopefully it will iron out more of the issues we have all reported. Especially the messed up keyboard issues that people keep complaining about. The worst part is that the space bar hardly ever works. Especially in Edge. But I can't wait for more updates!
    07-22-2015 10:19 PM
    The biggest feature I desire is the ability to view all the attachments (pictures/videos) from a message conversation like you can do on iOS. That is HUGE! Being able to see images in one of my conversations in messages from a year ago is really cool. Hope Windows 10 Mobile adds that feature, now that I've gotten used to it on iOS, it seems like a basic feature, lots of iOS people will want that if they are going to switch.
    07-22-2015 10:22 PM
    I'm waiting for Windows Central to release a new app update! That matches the windows 10 design language
    07-22-2015 10:29 PM
    I'm waiting for Windows Central to release a new app update! That matches the windows 10 design language
    Seriously that would be great, and an update that helps us get better notifications from within the app that take us straight ti comments, and better replying so that it doesn't bug out. That would be great.
    07-22-2015 10:33 PM
    Theres no problem with Gmail syncing for me since 10166 and the outlook app.
    07-23-2015 12:20 AM
    Theres no problem with Gmail syncing for me since 10166 and the outlook app.
    I faced some sysncing problems after the latest update so I decide to delete account and add it again and now everything works just fine for me, no problems at all.... Also, the Outlook is now an app and is independently updated several times since the last OS build and the current version is significantly improved comparing to one that came with the build 166...
    07-23-2015 12:51 AM
    I had to revert back to 8.1 on my 1520, mainly because the phone would freeze everytime I would receive a phone call (regular or through whatsapp or viber). The screen would become completely unresponsive, but the capacitive keys would still work. And this was after many hard resets and clean installs from 8.1.
    Hopefully they fix this major issue on the next build, so that I can go back to W10, 'cause it's awesome!
    07-23-2015 01:32 AM
    I tried, but I just can't switch back to 8.1, there is no way, after few weeks on 10, 8. looks soooo... ..oldish :)
    marratj, fjordstrom and Jazmac like this.
    07-23-2015 02:02 AM
    Yep Gmail is still not syncing for lots of us out here, even after deleing and syncing again. It syncs that day's worth first and that is it. It's quite annoying, I have to have a second mail installed just to use Gmail on this build which is stupid.
    07-23-2015 03:05 AM
    Since the outlook update I received last night after checking the store it seems to be working much better. But the calendar is horrible in my opinion. Why does the live tile not work? It's basically a block with the app name, there are tons to download and I use an alternate now but that's a simple core app that should work it's just a calendar why does it suck?
    07-23-2015 05:04 AM
    Outlook calendar and weather live tile sometimes suddenly disables. Have to restart everytime it happens then backs to normal.
    07-23-2015 05:06 AM
    I tried, but I just can't switch back to 8.1, there is no way, after few weeks on 10, 8. looks soooo... ..oldish :)
    07-23-2015 05:06 AM
    I can't wait for a new build either. For the guys having problems, you should try rolling back to 8.1 then update again. When I first installed 10166 I got super mad because it would reboot and break my SD card every time I charged the phone. I reset the phone and it didn't fix it. So I went back to 8.1. But then I updated again because I wanted to record a "quick look" video, and it's actually been working very well, no major issues at all.
    07-23-2015 08:12 AM
    Next build is 10240 but mostly bug fixes , not much of features are added
    07-23-2015 08:35 AM
    You would think so .. but no one knows for sure and I hope and guess it might be a slightly newer build.
    07-23-2015 09:18 AM
    Yeah sadly the Gmail this is just a known issue, not a messed up install from 8.1 to 166 issue.
    07-23-2015 10:06 AM
    Next build probably won't show up until a week or so after the Windows 10 launch. So grab a sandwich.
    07-23-2015 11:38 AM
    I have been using 10166 on my 640 as my daily driver for over a week now, and it has been pretty stable for me.

1) The latest core app updates have helped a ton.
    2) I still get freezes after some calls.
    3) I don't like how close the Home soft button is to the space bar in SMS. Am I missing a setting somewhere to auto hide the soft buttons?
    4) There seem to be some notification issues when the phone is dark.
    5) Battery life in very acceptable and the expanded notification center is awesome.

Other than that, the biggest issue for me is the functionality differences in the apps I tend to use the most - FlyDelta, Concur, and TripIt. For me, it isn't a deal breaker, but I can do much more in those apps on my Droid tablet than I can with the Windows Mobile apps. I can see it being an issue for some.
    07-23-2015 03:03 PM
    This message took me 2 trails on my l930 since the edge interface sometimes screwes up. Most annoying is the freeze ups in the dailer aspecially when navigating thru computerized desk, please press 1 for, and so forth. After the first choice the dailermenu freezes up. Hopefully we'll get another build in a week or so otherwise i have to revert back and miss the outlook/office interface.

Ralph
    07-23-2015 03:09 PM
81 1234