I can't wait for the next build of win10 mobile

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It seems before this build, there was a lot of chatter of the next build and we got them. Since this build it's:
View attachment 108882

We can't ignore the fact that the GA of W10 (PC) is now in 9 days, it may explain the silence or let's say the greater focus on the PC build/fine tuning.

Anyway, leaving abroad for holidays tonight, won't take the risk to upgrade my secondary device (535) running W10 there :D Actually, it runs so well that I'll use it with our Finnish SIM abroad (the 1020, under 8.1, being used only as a camera in this case).

I'm pretty sure that once W10 PC is out, we'll get some "mobile-only" love. For instance :
* VPN = no possibility to enter a preshared key for L2TP. Why? Because we have the same menu than on PC, but unlike PC, no fine settings via the equivalent of the legacy control panel
* SMS management (I hope we get that tick for receipts)
etc.

So far, our mobile builds (and apps) are catching up on the PC builds, but of course, all mobile-only features seem to be postponed.

And that's why, like the OP, I can't wait for the next build or maybe the one after next.

zapppa83

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
But today 512mb phones are a large part of MS phones and if w10 will work bad with these phones many people will change OS..
So W10 must work well also with 512mb phones

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
But today 512mb phones are a large part of MS phones and if w10 will work bad with these phones many people will change OS..
So W10 must work well also with 512mb phones

It will work smooth but there are going to be certain features missing which 1gb/2gb would get and 512mbs wont..

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that once W10 PC is out, we'll get some "mobile-only" love. For instance :
* VPN = no possibility to enter a preshared key for L2TP. Why? Because we have the same menu than on PC, but unlike PC, no fine settings via the equivalent of the legacy control panel

Finally. I thought i was the only person who needs this feature desperately. I really want to use Windows Phone for my company but MS is working hard to prevent this by missing feautres that every other smartphone in existence (including Windows Phone 6.5) seems to have.

And about the new build, we had to wait 9 days between 10136 and 10149 and about 15 days between 10149 and 10166. Since then 10 days passed so i have my hopes up for this week ^^.

dosto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Although my 925 isn't my daily driver - and likely because of that fact - I joined the Windows Insider program and downloaded Windows 10 Mobile. So far, I'm liking it a lot better than 8.1. Although 8.1 is a good, Windows 10 Mobile looks fantastic, even though it still has a few bugs to work out. In particular, the new Outlook (email, calendar, contacts) is a huge improvement over 8.1, IMHO. Overall, I like the UI better; it looks more "serious"...again just my opinion. The new Edge browser is also much improved over the 8.1 browser experience. I'm really looking forward to seeing how a polished Windows 10 Mobile runs on the new high-end phones released later this year.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
With my Lumia 1520 I've actually had more lockups, reboots and resets on 10166 compared to 10149. However, batter life is much better. Just yesterday I was getting a failure to send text messages. I had to reboot the phone.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
With my Lumia 1520 I've actually had more lockups, reboots and resets on 10166 compared to 10149. However, batter life is much better. Just yesterday I was getting a failure to send text messages. I had to reboot the phone.

Same here although I skipped 10149. I have to reboot my 1520 at least once a day. Same for my Icon. All of the app updates from the store at the end of last week helped out with over-all stability ALLOT though.

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Although my 925 isn't my daily driver - and likely because of that fact - I joined the Windows Insider program and downloaded Windows 10 Mobile. So far, I'm liking it a lot better than 8.1. Although 8.1 is a good, Windows 10 Mobile looks fantastic, even though it still has a few bugs to work out. In particular, the new Outlook (email, calendar, contacts) is a huge improvement over 8.1, IMHO. Overall, I like the UI better; it looks more "serious"...again just my opinion. The new Edge browser is also much improved over the 8.1 browser experience. I'm really looking forward to seeing how a polished Windows 10 Mobile runs on the new high-end phones released later this year.

Interesting..I feel pretty so-so about the Outlook apps so far. But one thing I do love is that Cortana shows me my calendar appoihtments and I can open them right from that screen, don't get that on 8.1. And I agree, Edge is pretty great.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The next build might just be the one in which I join the Insider program on mobile...

10166 is fairly stable... so yeah, next one should be good to go for most users I think. Here's hoping! I want to put it on my Icon, and not just on my 635.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Running 10166 on my ICON, pretty stable, some minor issues here and there but, it seem to run fine...

Wanting a update to see if it fixed my problem with Pebble Notifications app, When I go to the App list, It just hangs showing "Loading Applist...." so they must of changed or have a bug in how the apps are listed.

Cant get a update on the app because they changed the store and "download and manually install" is no longer listed...

seasidepb

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a 2012 Nexus 7. It worked really well until Google urged me to install Lollipop, at which point this so-called release software turned my tablet into a pile of sluggish crap. I managed to revert to 4.4, but only by jumping through some ridiculous developer hacks. No real help from Google, let alone any acknowledgement there might be a problem with THEIR device, using THEIR software, and installing an upgrade which my 4.4 Android continues to insist will improve performance (it really won't)
But the point of this post is that in contrast Microsoft's restore tool for Windows Phones is a thing of wondrous simplicity and effectiveness, so if you do decide to try out any of the previews it's pretty easy to get back to a working phone if you don't like what you find. I did try the 10166 build on my Lumia 630 (yep just 512 RAM) and it certainly worked better than previous versions, though it still took a lot of fiddling about and a factory reset to get it running smoothly. But I had some problems with screen responsiveness (particularly terminating calls) and so I'm now back to 8.1 and all is fine, even if I miss keyboard connectivity. I'd say that it's beginning to look dated compared to Win10, and Outlook is better in the latest version, but there's still quite a lot of work to do. I really like the 630 in many ways, not least its size, but will probably upgrade to a 640 or better once everything has settled down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss