I can't wait for the next build of win10 mobile

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
well it runs pretty smooth on my 535 but it has 1gb of ram :D the battery now lasts 2 days not 3 as windows 8,1 but at build 144 it would drain within a day :/ and overheat now on 166 after hard reset everything went nc i believe if you have a slow cpu and least ram like 535 for 166 and previus you have to hard reset to fix a lot of problems :D my only probs on this low device is sometimes the screen goes black pretty rarly like 1 time from the release of the build some apps crash now.. and that :p cant w8 for the next one :D

kobe_mvp

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
i am looking forward to the next build too, but what funny this time is, there is no leak yet unlike all the previous version, i wonder if there is a "next build" lol

kjmcintosh

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I am on a Lumia 930, I have to reboot about 3 times a day due to lock ups. I find it usable but lots of bugs like when I pitch an email to make more appear on the screen I just see a line (happens on both accounts) lots more things. My big moan is the removal of things ! like Unified mail box? why oh why do they do that!!!! Or have I just not found the setting to see both my email accounts on one screen? I cannot even create two tiles either. MS excel at this. One step forward two backwards. Why do they remove functionality that is required? It's like xbox one all over again!!

Dee Norbert

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting a Store fix in app purchases still won't work, a lot of apps don't want install+Filters fix(When I select top free apps and selecting an app and go back it shows me the new apps and popular ones). Better battery life+my phone heats up very fast. Better performance+graphical improvements.

Alfred Yeap

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
There is this Windows 10 mobile 10240 emulator out there now! I think the new build is coming real soon! Can't wait.
149 failed me, wasted a lot of time to restore back 8.1, so i skipped 166.
I think I am ready for the next one, 240, maybe.

simoncbradley

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm using my 930 as my daily driver without any major problems now. I get an occasional unexpected reboot, but that was happening on 8 as well.

The one thing that I seem to have lost with this build is spell-check & auto-correct, and auto-suggest, feature in Messaging, Messaging, WhatsApp etc. The whole bar showing suggested words has disappeared. (Spell check still works in Outlook Mail).

I may be missing something obvious - anyone got any ideas how I can get it back without attempting a hard reset which I'd prefer to avoid now having a stable image.

Thx

WrenFGun

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm somewhat surprised at those using this build as their daily driver.

There were a few things that were very hard for me to swallow with the new build, despite some obvious advantages.

Advantages:

Improvements to Office Suite
Outlook finally looks like the IOS version
Enjoyed the look of the new store
Liked Microsoft Edge [though I think IE is fine for Metro/Mobile].
Theoretically I liked the idea of actionable toast notifications, but I never got any because ...

Disadvantages:

Text Message Notifications just didn't happen
The Store Crashed on me Regularly
Pictures would sometimes just not take or save
Pictures would duplicate
Replying All to an email would crash outlook

It had some nice strengths, but wasn't ready for action on the ICON, IMO.

kobe_mvp

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

There were a few things that were very hard for me to swallow with the new build, despite some obvious advantages.

Advantages:

Theoretically I liked the idea of actionable toast notifications, but I never got any because ...

Disadvantages:

Pictures would duplicate

the out look email still need alot improvement and bug fixing,

no new mail count, live tile not working, auto sync is not working.... it is in pretty bad shape

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Pictures would duplicate

Its my daily driver. Its not perfect as I do get a crash from the store from time to time, but everything else you're talking about works. I also have to say, you're missing out. :)

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
The new build that's coming out looks like a lot of stability and bug fixes no real new features. You can download the emulator on your pc.
I would like to see the original calendar come back on my icon the outlook calendar doesn't even show the date it did on the last build so maybe that will be fixed as well as the over heating and battery drain.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
As of right now outlook mail/callendar still pretty much sucks, it might look alright to some, but it doesn't have the basic features even the older 8.1 outlook had, and it's still behind the ios counterpart. Gmail still isn't syncing. Even after deleting Gmail and adding it again, and trying everything. My live account worms perfectly fine. Also nit being able to view both accounts at the same time ultra sucks. Lastly having calendar and mail in one absolutely makes literally no sense, I realize some of you like that l, but I absolutely hate it. I can't wait for the next build though, hopefully it will iron out more of the issues we have all reported. Especially the messed up keyboard issues that people keep complaining about. The worst part is that the space bar hardly ever works. Especially in Edge. But I can't wait for more updates!

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
The biggest feature I desire is the ability to view all the attachments (pictures/videos) from a message conversation like you can do on iOS. That is HUGE! Being able to see images in one of my conversations in messages from a year ago is really cool. Hope Windows 10 Mobile adds that feature, now that I've gotten used to it on iOS, it seems like a basic feature, lots of iOS people will want that if they are going to switch.

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for Windows Central to release a new app update! That matches the windows 10 design language

Seriously that would be great, and an update that helps us get better notifications from within the app that take us straight ti comments, and better replying so that it doesn't bug out. That would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos