I can't wait for the next build of win10 mobile

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Theres no problem with Gmail syncing for me since 10166 and the outlook app.
I faced some sysncing problems after the latest update so I decide to delete account and add it again and now everything works just fine for me, no problems at all.... Also, the Outlook is now an app and is independently updated several times since the last OS build and the current version is significantly improved comparing to one that came with the build 166...

guyman101

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I had to revert back to 8.1 on my 1520, mainly because the phone would freeze everytime I would receive a phone call (regular or through whatsapp or viber). The screen would become completely unresponsive, but the capacitive keys would still work. And this was after many hard resets and clean installs from 8.1.
Hopefully they fix this major issue on the next build, so that I can go back to W10, 'cause it's awesome!

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yep Gmail is still not syncing for lots of us out here, even after deleing and syncing again. It syncs that day's worth first and that is it. It's quite annoying, I have to have a second mail installed just to use Gmail on this build which is stupid.

Josh Keisling

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Since the outlook update I received last night after checking the store it seems to be working much better. But the calendar is horrible in my opinion. Why does the live tile not work? It's basically a block with the app name, there are tons to download and I use an alternate now but that's a simple core app that should work it's just a calendar why does it suck?

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Outlook calendar and weather live tile sometimes suddenly disables. Have to restart everytime it happens then backs to normal.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't wait for a new build either. For the guys having problems, you should try rolling back to 8.1 then update again. When I first installed 10166 I got super mad because it would reboot and break my SD card every time I charged the phone. I reset the phone and it didn't fix it. So I went back to 8.1. But then I updated again because I wanted to record a "quick look" video, and it's actually been working very well, no major issues at all.

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have been using 10166 on my 640 as my daily driver for over a week now, and it has been pretty stable for me.

1) The latest core app updates have helped a ton.
2) I still get freezes after some calls.
3) I don't like how close the Home soft button is to the space bar in SMS. Am I missing a setting somewhere to auto hide the soft buttons?
4) There seem to be some notification issues when the phone is dark.
5) Battery life in very acceptable and the expanded notification center is awesome.

Other than that, the biggest issue for me is the functionality differences in the apps I tend to use the most - FlyDelta, Concur, and TripIt. For me, it isn't a deal breaker, but I can do much more in those apps on my Droid tablet than I can with the Windows Mobile apps. I can see it being an issue for some.

rwrw01

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
This message took me 2 trails on my l930 since the edge interface sometimes screwes up. Most annoying is the freeze ups in the dailer aspecially when navigating thru computerized desk, please press 1 for, and so forth. After the first choice the dailermenu freezes up. Hopefully we'll get another build in a week or so otherwise i have to revert back and miss the outlook/office interface.

Ralph

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I have been using 10166 on my 640 as my daily driver for over a week now, and it has been pretty stable for me.

1) The latest core app updates have helped a ton.
2) I still get freezes after some calls.
3) I don't like how close the Home soft button is to the space bar in SMS. Am I missing a setting somewhere to auto hide the soft buttons?
4) There seem to be some notification issues when the phone is dark.
5) Battery life in very acceptable and the expanded notification center is awesome.

Other than that, the biggest issue for me is the functionality differences in the apps I tend to use the most - FlyDelta, Concur, and TripIt. For me, it isn't a deal breaker, but I can do much more in those apps on my Droid tablet than I can with the Windows Mobile apps. I can see it being an issue for some.

As someone else also using a 640 and Windows 10, I can say I don't have the same problems, but of course we're not all the same.
The thing that bugs me the most, aside from the obvious performance issues, is that swipe to type doesn't work on the Edge address bar nor in the Store search bar.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
My 930 was pretty happy with build 166, didn't need to restart it for a couple of days before something crashed... Pretty awesome, but if the next one will be even better, that would be very nice. Still hoping it comes this week! Loving the new apps tho :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss