I have seen a noticeable diff in my L730's camera quality after the new set of updates in build 10166!! I think that Microsoft have changed its image processing algorithms :)
    07-19-2015 12:55 PM
    algorithms
    Camera has received some updates, so it's possible. I just noticed the slightly faster loading times and the face detection bit
    07-19-2015 12:58 PM
    have they increased image size?
    07-19-2015 03:35 PM
    have they increased image size?
    image size?
    07-19-2015 04:01 PM
    Lumia camera or windows camera?
    07-19-2015 04:15 PM
    windows camera
    Manish Tonse likes this.
    07-20-2015 12:00 PM
    image size?
    yes
    mb not mpx
    07-21-2015 09:56 AM
    yes
    mb not mpx
    Well.. it doesn't really matter either way, neither the file size or amount of megapixels is what governs how well a picture looks, most professional cameras only have around 10 mp, what matters is how the software processes the image, and how much light the lense obsorbs during photo taking.

Basically, while a algorithm improvement could increase the file size, it doesn't mean it will, most likely any changes that are made to the software to improve quality wont make a noticeable difference on file sizes.
    07-22-2015 03:44 PM
    yes or no
    07-23-2015 11:14 AM
    Well.. it doesn't really matter either way, neither the file size or amount of megapixels is what governs how well a picture looks, most professional cameras only have around 10 mp, what matters is how the software processes the image, and how much light the lense obsorbs during photo taking.

Basically, while a algorithm improvement could increase the file size, it doesn't mean it will, most likely any changes that are made to the software to improve quality wont make a noticeable difference on file sizes.
    File size relates to jpeg compression, the lower the worse compression-wise it is. So higher file size is better IMO
    07-23-2015 01:19 PM
    So many posts in this thread, this forum and on the internet as a whole treat this subject in too simplistic a manner. Rarely will a decent response arrive because those who understand this stuff to any practical degree can't generally be bothered to write an essay in a forum thread. Photography is a large balancing act and digital photography is doubly so. The only way to write a simple and accurate post is to list the factors and tell the reader to follow your instructions when choosing and shooting a camera. The reasoning is impractical to go in to on a forum like this.

The result? A load of contrary posts from people with enough received wisdom to be dangerous of which it would take an age to explain the folly. And the OP is none the wiser.

The only useful advice I can give is to read a lot about digital photography, scanning and professional publishing and to post questions on photographic and DTP forums. Only then try to apply your thinking to your camera. Otherwise, learn to stop worrying and love the auto. :)~
    Asskickulater likes this.
    07-23-2015 02:03 PM
    File size relates to jpeg compression, the lower the worse compression-wise it is. So higher file size is better IMO
    Not really no, compression isn't as simple as you think, with the right algorythms you can make pictures with even smaller file sizes look even better. I'm not an expert on compression algorythms and what not, so I cant say a whole lot in details, but I can guarantee you, file size is NOT what you should be looking at to guage picture quality.
    AndyCalling likes this.
    07-23-2015 07:55 PM