All I care about it is the camera, Nokia were always ahead of there game here and I expect Microsoft to carry on their legacy, since they paid them a lot of money to invest in Windows Phone. The 1020 came out and I didn't rate it over the 808, but at least it showed that Nokia still cared about the camera. However with everything going down, it's pretty clear that Microsoft only care about replicating what everyone else is doing. I find it pretty obvious that we'll get no 1030 now, we'll get no pushing camera tech in Smartphones forward, all we'll get is more of the same and that's depressing.

The OS itself is rather unremarkable, it's basically IOS without all the apps, it doesn't have the openness of Windows or Android to make me want to use it. So really it's third place and if Microsoft aren't going to do anything different like Nokia would have, then I have no reason to pick it over the better competition. I just find it a shame that they threw away their best asset, they literally have just done that by writing it as a loss and getting rid of most of it.

Thanx Microsoft and that **** Elop, gonna have to wait a long time to get a better camera in a Smartphone now.
    07-19-2015 07:19 PM
    For good or bad, Nokia is no longer part of the equation. I would disagree that Windows 10 is "not remarkable". I try not to dwell in the past, preferring to look forward, and I sincerely think there's a lot to look forward to.
    TgeekB and RumoredNow like this.
    07-19-2015 07:31 PM
    Sorry but I agree I .switched to windows phone only due to Nokia. If Microsoft wants to keep pushing out cheap **** goodbye to them and htc android will be my next phone.
    07-19-2015 07:34 PM
    Nokia is gone. Too bad but true. Give Windows some time to see how things progress, or jump to Android and get sick of them after a while.
    07-19-2015 07:43 PM
    Microsoft has blown out the pipes; clearing out all the holdover Nokia design from the backroom. I really don't think you've seen anything Microsoft yet, just clearing the board of old projects. Expect Cityman and Talkman to show the way forward. These will be the first Microsoft driven flagships. Don't rush to judgement too early.
    a5cent, xandros9, rain620 and 1 others like this.
    07-19-2015 11:09 PM
    I think the next couple of phones will still have the Nokia trademark look as in sure lots of designs were made before the purchase.

I just won't feel comfortable my phone saying Microsoft rather than Nokia. That's if I'm still here or my 930 and keep going for another 2 years or so.
    07-20-2015 07:11 AM
    Just look at the surface line. Microsoft is not a low budget careless producer of hardware.
    07-20-2015 08:29 AM
    Just look at the surface line. Microsoft is not a low budget careless producer of hardware.

Surface is a reference design to encourage OEMs to develop hardware along certain (high) standards. I think phones are going to go that same route either with Cityman/Talkman or immediately after.
    07-20-2015 10:13 AM