New W10M build?!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
10166 seems pretty good overall but, I really hope there is a few bug fixes in the next build...and hope to see it this week...

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Almost two weeks until the official launch, there's time for a release during that timeframe. Maybe.

Last I heard they put the insider program on a freeze until July 29th to focus all their efforts on a smooth release, afterwards, all the attention given to windows 10 for desktop will go to windows 10 mobile

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Last I heard they put the insider program on a freeze until July 29th to focus all their efforts on a smooth release, afterwards, all the attention given to windows 10 for desktop will go to windows 10 mobile

No. People can now more easily move back and forth between project teams, and it's true that all of MS' OSes are guided by the same management, but the individual engineers are generally dedicated to one or the other project for longer periods of time and don't change just because a product reaches RTM. That's usually when they are needed most!

Pretty much nobody will be jumping from the W10 team over to the W10M team on the 29th, or anytime soon thereafter.

At this late point during development, any experienced software engineer will tell you that such reassignments will achieve nothing but to delay W10M, as the new guys would have to be brought up to speed before they become productive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes