Microsoft should release wm10 on 29

tariqsaad16

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Guys I was thinking that Microsoft should release complete windows mobile 10 with some new flagship devices on 29 July to gain market share because at that time people are buying windows 10 for desktop and they are excited to see new features such as continuum and universal apps. But if Microsoft release Wm 10 later people may will less excited about it. As the excitement will go in delayed months .
Sorry for poor English.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Lol no; W10M is far from complete.

And, if the os isn't ready, flagships won't take full advantage of all the new features of w10.

tariqsaad16

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft can fix bugs and polish windows mobile 10 without adding more new features for now and release it on 29 . Features can be added later through updates.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You don't want to rush this stuff. It might seem like a good idea to have everything release at the same time but you can only make a first impression on and W10 mobile is far from ready right now.

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft can fix bugs and polish windows mobile 10 without adding more new features for now and release it on 29 . Features can be added later through updates.

Fixing bug aint that easy.

It is easy if MS switch more software engineers from the PC group to the Mobile group. The thing is MS has established itself in the desktop market for a long time now and with the one year free program promotion the desktop users would eventually migrate to Win10 PC. It is the mobile market that MS need to focus on. So we are saying it is impossible for MS to release Win10 Mobile on July29, but it would only takes a strong will on MS to make it happen...I bet Win10 PC is not 100% bug free and MS is releasing it on the 29th...Remember Win Vista when it was releases!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It is easy if MS switch more software engineers from the PC group to the Mobile group. The thing is MS has established itself in the desktop market for a long time now and with the one year free program promotion the desktop users would eventually migrate to Win10 PC. It is the mobile market that MS need to focus on. So we are saying it is impossible for MS to release Win10 Mobile on July29, but it would only takes a strong will on MS to make it happen...I bet Win10 PC is not 100% bug free and MS is releasing it on the 29th...Remember Win Vista when it was releases!

More people doesn't necessarily mean faster in software development land.

Can it help? Yes!
But throwing people in might be counterproductive.

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
More people doesn't necessarily mean faster in software development land.

Can it help? Yes!
But throwing people in might be counterproductive.

I don't disagree but I would ask MS to either release W10M or a flagship phone as soon as possible and preferably on July 29th.

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
hmm if the OS is good and works like wp 8,1 and better then yes they should but now the last bugs they have to fix are critical ones and not so easy :D ofc you say that becuase build 10166 is not that buggy its usable but it will take like 3 or 4 more builds to make it a phone again that can compeete the wp 8,1. I mean it has some serius bugs but like 2 :D

Panos Athanasiou

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
yea i agreee :D but Win 10 PC are i can say from my corner ready i am on the latest build they removed the Build indicator at the corner and i still cant find a bug :D they did a great work on this one i believe it will be better than win 7 :D

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I present to you, my dream Microsoft!

ms speed.jpg

(a joke for fellow Bionicle (Lego) fans - I can explain the joke if anyone wants)

Last edited:

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
MS announced months ago that WM and W10 Desktop were on different tracks and that W10M would be released after the official launch of W10 Desktop. Some thought that signaled the virtual moth-balling of W10M, but MS responded by stating that it would follow W10 Desktop in a matter of weeks, not months. And since then, the W10M Builds have been coming with increasing frequency and certainly dialing in the new OS's readiness.

I would love to see a big, committed, confident announcement about W10M's release, through the vehicle of the simultaneous official announcement of the new Flagship and the new Flagship XL. These announcements could be shortly after W10 Desktop is off and running, and W10M could be released for a month or two in advance of the availability of the Flagships. That way the bumps and ruts could be smoothed down or filled in, and the momentum maintained. New stuff happening with W10 generally.

I know most experts insist, as if they'd taken a blood oath, that Windows will never be able to make a dent in the current bicameral smartphone market. While its true we've been locked in a binary system the last few years, before that we saw wave after fickle wave, with devices and manufacturers rising and falling. I still think its a possibility.
[h=1][/h]

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
No way, after how 10166 is, it's a nice OS but, still BUGGY as hell... Not even close to release... I am rolling back tonight, just some minor issues that I can no longer deal with...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It seems Nadella doesn't have much faith in Windows. The understaffed Windows team couldn't complete the Mobile variant on time.

Understaffed? On time? You seem to have some serious misconceptions about how Windows is developed lol.

I'm actually surprised at the state of Windows 10 Mobile. It's much better and farther along than I would've thought. I've had to reset every build so far, but I've been able to use 10166 with few problems.

As to the OP, I'm not sure if you know what a calender is, but July 29th is 9 days away. I don't think its even technically feasible, even if they went into bug fixing mode, for them to RTM this OS in 9 days. Plus, even if they did, what good would it do? You won't get it on your carrier for a month or so anyways.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys I was thinking that Microsoft should release complete windows mobile 10 with some new flagship devices on 29 July to gain market share because at that time people are buying windows 10 for desktop and they are excited to see new features such as continuum and universal apps. But if Microsoft release Wm 10 later people may will less excited about it. As the excitement will go in delayed months .
Sorry for poor English.

Typing this using my PC because my touchscreen is not responding to input -- Lumia 1520 on Win10Mo :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb