07-29-2015 06:26 AM
50 12
tools
    Guys I was thinking that Microsoft should release complete windows mobile 10 with some new flagship devices on 29 July to gain market share because at that time people are buying windows 10 for desktop and they are excited to see new features such as continuum and universal apps. But if Microsoft release Wm 10 later people may will less excited about it. As the excitement will go in delayed months .
    Sorry for poor English.
    07-20-2015 02:33 PM
    Lol no; W10M is far from complete.

And, if the os isn't ready, flagships won't take full advantage of all the new features of w10.
    07-20-2015 02:51 PM
    If it were anywhere near finished, that might be a good idea.

The state W10M is in as of most recent build, it would be a disaster!
    07-20-2015 03:25 PM
    Microsoft can fix bugs and polish windows mobile 10 without adding more new features for now and release it on 29 . Features can be added later through updates.
    07-20-2015 03:48 PM
    Microsoft can fix bugs and polish windows mobile 10 without adding more new features for now and release it on 29 . Features can be added later through updates.
    Fixing bug aint that easy.
    07-20-2015 03:59 PM
    You don't want to rush this stuff. It might seem like a good idea to have everything release at the same time but you can only make a first impression on and W10 mobile is far from ready right now.
    07-20-2015 04:05 PM
    Fixing bug aint that easy.
    It is easy if MS switch more software engineers from the PC group to the Mobile group. The thing is MS has established itself in the desktop market for a long time now and with the one year free program promotion the desktop users would eventually migrate to Win10 PC. It is the mobile market that MS need to focus on. So we are saying it is impossible for MS to release Win10 Mobile on July29, but it would only takes a strong will on MS to make it happen...I bet Win10 PC is not 100% bug free and MS is releasing it on the 29th...Remember Win Vista when it was releases!
    Chirag Anand likes this.
    07-20-2015 06:19 PM
    It is easy if MS switch more software engineers from the PC group to the Mobile group. The thing is MS has established itself in the desktop market for a long time now and with the one year free program promotion the desktop users would eventually migrate to Win10 PC. It is the mobile market that MS need to focus on. So we are saying it is impossible for MS to release Win10 Mobile on July29, but it would only takes a strong will on MS to make it happen...I bet Win10 PC is not 100% bug free and MS is releasing it on the 29th...Remember Win Vista when it was releases!
    More people doesn't necessarily mean faster in software development land.

Can it help? Yes!
    But throwing people in might be counterproductive.
    07-20-2015 07:23 PM
    More people doesn't necessarily mean faster in software development land.

Can it help? Yes!
    I don't disagree but I would ask MS to either release W10M or a flagship phone as soon as possible and preferably on July 29th.
    07-20-2015 08:21 PM
    hmm if the OS is good and works like wp 8,1 and better then yes they should but now the last bugs they have to fix are critical ones and not so easy :D ofc you say that becuase build 10166 is not that buggy its usable but it will take like 3 or 4 more builds to make it a phone again that can compeete the wp 8,1. I mean it has some serius bugs but like 2 :D
    07-20-2015 09:21 PM
    yea i agreee :D but Win 10 PC are i can say from my corner ready i am on the latest build they removed the Build indicator at the corner and i still cant find a bug :D they did a great work on this one i believe it will be better than win 7 :D
    07-20-2015 09:23 PM
    LOL good idea maybe email them about it and they'll speed up software and hardware production!
    Skamath and rhapdog like this.
    07-21-2015 08:39 AM
    I present to you, my dream Microsoft!

ms-speed.jpg

(a joke for fellow Bionicle (Lego) fans - I can explain the joke if anyone wants)
    Last edited by xandros9; 07-21-2015 at 09:16 PM.
    07-21-2015 09:57 AM
    I would bet that Microsoft is going to release it when they think it should be released. Anybody wanna bet?
    07-21-2015 12:43 PM
    MS announced months ago that WM and W10 Desktop were on different tracks and that W10M would be released after the official launch of W10 Desktop. Some thought that signaled the virtual moth-balling of W10M, but MS responded by stating that it would follow W10 Desktop in a matter of weeks, not months. And since then, the W10M Builds have been coming with increasing frequency and certainly dialing in the new OS's readiness.

I would love to see a big, committed, confident announcement about W10M's release, through the vehicle of the simultaneous official announcement of the new Flagship and the new Flagship XL. These announcements could be shortly after W10 Desktop is off and running, and W10M could be released for a month or two in advance of the availability of the Flagships. That way the bumps and ruts could be smoothed down or filled in, and the momentum maintained. New stuff happening with W10 generally.

I know most experts insist, as if they'd taken a blood oath, that Windows will never be able to make a dent in the current bicameral smartphone market. While its true we've been locked in a binary system the last few years, before that we saw wave after fickle wave, with devices and manufacturers rising and falling. I still think its a possibility.
    netmann, rhapdog and gpobernardo like this.
    07-21-2015 05:44 PM
    As the old adage says, "Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth." With the size of my kitchen, that means 2. :(
    07-21-2015 05:57 PM
    No way, after how 10166 is, it's a nice OS but, still BUGGY as hell... Not even close to release... I am rolling back tonight, just some minor issues that I can no longer deal with...
    07-21-2015 06:40 PM
    It seems Nadella doesn't have much faith in Windows. The understaffed Windows team couldn't complete the Mobile variant on time.
    07-21-2015 07:17 PM
    It seems Nadella doesn't have much faith in Windows. The understaffed Windows team couldn't complete the Mobile variant on time.
    Understaffed? On time? You seem to have some serious misconceptions about how Windows is developed lol.

I'm actually surprised at the state of Windows 10 Mobile. It's much better and farther along than I would've thought. I've had to reset every build so far, but I've been able to use 10166 with few problems.

As to the OP, I'm not sure if you know what a calender is, but July 29th is 9 days away. I don't think its even technically feasible, even if they went into bug fixing mode, for them to RTM this OS in 9 days. Plus, even if they did, what good would it do? You won't get it on your carrier for a month or so anyways.
    gpobernardo, Skamath and rhapdog like this.
    07-21-2015 07:27 PM
    Guys I was thinking that Microsoft should release complete windows mobile 10 with some new flagship devices on 29 July to gain market share because at that time people are buying windows 10 for desktop and they are excited to see new features such as continuum and universal apps. But if Microsoft release Wm 10 later people may will less excited about it. As the excitement will go in delayed months .
    Sorry for poor English.
    Typing this using my PC because my touchscreen is not responding to input -- Lumia 1520 on Win10Mo
    Skamath likes this.
    07-21-2015 07:56 PM
    Understaffed? On time? You seem to have some serious misconceptions about how Windows is developed lol.

I'm actually surprised at the state of Windows 10 Mobile. It's much better and farther along than I would've thought. I've had to reset every build so far, but I've been able to use 10166 with few problems.
    Windows 10 is really great, but Microsoft had all the pieces almost ready to use, I don't know why it took them so long to deliver the OS. Conversely, Google developed Android so fast.
    07-21-2015 08:04 PM
    I would love to see a big, committed, confident announcement about W10M's release, through the vehicle of the simultaneous official announcement of the new Flagship and the new Flagship XL. These announcements could be shortly after W10 Desktop is off and running, and W10M could be released for a month or two in advance of the availability of the Flagships. That way the bumps and ruts could be smoothed down or filled in, and the momentum maintained. New stuff happening with W10 generally.
    Yes, me too. However, until that happens and I mean until that happens before July 29 (timing is very crucial), it would make me believe that Win10 Mobile and flagship phone(s) for that matter are low priority in MS land as MS CEO has admitted to this fact at least indirectly. It seems that Win10 PC OS, Surface, Band, Xbox, Hololens, accumulating developers for Win10 PC Apps and making software for other platforms are MS priorities right now.

Perhaps MS is playing a "wait and see" game to determine how receptive the Win10 PC will be before jumping into the Mobile world! BTW- They had more than 2 years to develop a flagship phone!
    Last edited by netmann; 07-21-2015 at 09:19 PM.
    Skamath and rhapdog like this.
    07-21-2015 08:30 PM
    Windows 10 is really great, but Microsoft had all the pieces almost ready to use, I don't know why it took them so long to deliver the OS. Conversely, Google developed Android so fast.
    Actually, no. While I appreciate your frustration with wanting an instant Operating System (we all seem to want everything "right now") Windows 10 had to be done completely from scratch if it were to be leaner and be able to support so many different hardware platforms. There were no pieces in place for what Microsoft intended to accomplish except for the ideas. If Apple or Google wanted to take their OSes and make them one, they would have to start from scratch as well. It takes a long time to develop something like that.

Take Android, for instance. You say "Google developed Android so fast." However, Google bought Android, Inc. Android was started in 2003. It was bought by Google in 2005. A public commercial release of Android was not available until September 23, 2008. Source: Android Version History on Wikipedia and Android (operating system) on Wikipedia.

Android was much like Blackberry OS in the early development with no touch screen and a hardware keyboard, but the popularity of touch on the iPhone led them to make changes.

It's an interesting history, really. What can I say, I love reading about the founding and history of operating systems. Yeah, I'm that much of a nerd. ;)
    Skamath, oufc_gav, Muessig and 3 others like this.
    07-21-2015 09:04 PM
    Yes, me too. However, until that happens and I mean until that happens before July 29 (timing is very crucial), it would make me believe that Win10 Mobile and flagship phone(s) for that matter are low priority in MS land as MS CEO has admitted to this fact at least indirectly. It seems that Win10 PC OS, Surface, Band, Xbox, Hololens, accumulating developers for Win10 PC Apps and making software for other platforms are MS priorities right now.

Perhaps MS is playing a "wait and see" game to determine how receptive the Win10 PC will be before jumping into the Mobile world! BTW- They had more than 2 years to develop a flagship phone!
    In that terms I would say Cortana has been available in certain regions so long but not everywhere and it has been like yongs that I have been waiting to use cortana without having to set my region and language to either US or GB. I want it tooo
    07-22-2015 02:22 AM
    better late than cockk things up.
    07-22-2015 07:40 AM
50 12