Should I give W10 mobile a second chance?

briang11

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Last week, I decided to jump into the W10 mobile boat. There were some bugs (like some apps had sudden crashes, the screen flickered,etcetera), but those bugs were tolerable. Then, I did a hard reset to my L920 since most people recommend to do one. However, after the hard reset ended, things went south. When the apps were dowloading from the store, they all showed an error that didn't allow them to download. So, I rolled back my phone to WP8.1. Ironically, MS updated the store hours later.

Now, I'm wondering if I should try w10 again, but this time without doing a hard reset, if it is not required of course.

What do you think?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I, too, have been there and returned to 8.1. I think mine was mainly due to frustration with the email side. I set them up no trouble, but my sky account wouldn't store messages on the server, and just deleted them! Outlook and Gmail were ok. I went back to 8.1 and it was happening there as well. After much head scratching and double checking of settings, all seems good now, so.....WM10 currently re-installing.

I found it to be very stable on my 930, and performed reasonably well. apart from no 'hey cortana', I found it more than useable as a daily driver when out in my taxi. No issues with calling or texts or accessing one drive for bookings.

Never had a real issue with installing it apart from the spinning gears continually rotating. Press the power button and phone restarts perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett