Nokia 925 Bricked on Update / Blue Screen Message

Mark Samuels

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
My Nokia 925 was running the Windowsphone 10 software for a few weeks. Today it said it would update at 3am. So I started the update now. All it does now is turn on and off.
Boots to blue screen message:-

Recovery
Your PC/Device needs to be repaired
The Boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors.
etc etc etc
Press the Windows key for UEFI Firmware settings

The Software recovery tool wont detect the phone as its constantly rebooting. It stays on about 30secs.

Can anyone help please?? Looks like a new phone needed tomorrow. :unhappy:

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
When I was stuck in a boot loop on my 925, I just kept trying with the recovery tool until it finally worked.

Mark Samuels

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Maybe there is hope yet then. I will try again with the recovery software again tomorrow and reply with how I do. Because it is turning off and on. Its as if the recovery software doesn't get a chance.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Maybe there is hope yet then. I will try again with the recovery software again tomorrow and reply with how I do. Because it is turning off and on. Its as if the recovery software doesn't get a chance.

Mine did the same thing. The article I linked fixed it anyway. The software will catch it between boots and once it gets started, it will stop the rebooting. Works like a charm. I panicked for 3 days until I figured it out. I actually went and bought a new phone before I got it working again.

Japser

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. The article I linked fixed it anyway. The software will catch it between boots and once it gets started, it will stop the rebooting. Works like a charm. I panicked for 3 days until I figured it out. I actually went and bought a new phone before I got it working again.

Ouch, painful!

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Ouch, painful!
Not really. My wife ended up getting the spare. She had been using a "feature phone" all along, refusing to upgrade to a smart phone. She insisted she had no use for it, since she had spent time playing with her sisters' iPhones and Android phones.

When I got the old one working again, she was needing to make a long drive on a business trip to a city she's never been. I convinced her that swapping the SIM card for the trip would be wise because she could still "just use it as a phone" but that it would give her a GPS to help her get around.

After she got back, I offered to swap the SIM back for her, but she had already had the 635 for 4 days. She said she'd wait a bit longer, and after a full week was up, she wanted to get the 32GB microSD for it to transfer all her music and other stuff to it. She was hooked. She still doesn't like the other brands, but she likes what WP 8.1 does.

Hey, I got a convert out of the deal. I'm happy. ;) And my wife no longer fusses at me about having to buy the new phone. :D

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
As far as the phone reacts to restarting, WPRT can grab it at an appropriate moment and flash the 8.1 FW into it. I lost track how many times I brought my L1520 back from dead :D

rhapdog

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yay! Glad we could be of help. I know what it feels like to go through that. At least you didn't have to buy a new phone like I did. Mine happened before the tutorial came out, and I was in a pretty good panic.

I just wish that AT&T 640 would have arrived at Walmart before it happened, because I would have found a way to grab it instead of another 635. ;)

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Next time :p you need to restart the phone while it is connected and after you selected that the phone was not detected. That's when WPRT will detect it almost immediately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss