Look at this>10166 video of pocketnow (update: finally removed)

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Take a look at this crap! 10166 video of pocketnow

Now dislike it if you think it's really bad.

What about it is "really bad". Apart from the background image bug which I haven't experienced the rest was spot on. Favourite line "The live tile looks ridiculous with poker dots on it to."

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

See, it's stuff like this that gives Windows a bad name. And what's sad is the people that will see this and believe it. Microsoft should slap a slander suit on these sites that do this.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Amazing. It actually took an OS preview and reviewed it like a feature complete OS. Some of the most technologically dishonest bloggers live at pocketnow. It brings out the trolls like mountain biscuits brings out flies. Just watch em flood this thread.

Can you say, Capt Obvious?
capt obvious.jpeg

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Amazing. It actually took an OS preview and reviewed it like a feature complete OS. Some of the most technologically dishonest bloggers live at pocketnow.

Can you say, Capt Obvious?
View attachment 109107

Yeah, that's why I ask people if they could dislike that video in YouTube so that they will fire that man behind the video.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

What about it is "really bad". Apart from the background image bug which I haven't experienced the rest was spot on. Favourite line "The live tile looks ridiculous with poker dots on it to."
What's really bad about it is they're leading people to believe that "these features have been removed" or "you won't be able to do this or that" and "this is what you're going to get if you choose a windows 10 phone".

This is a preview, not a finished product! Of course there's things broken, and bugs here and there! Regular consumers are going to be seeing this "review" of an unfinished product, and making their purchasing decisions misinformed.

SonOfDad

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

And what's sad is the people that will see this and believe it. Microsoft should slap a slander suit on these sites that do this.

What part of this is slander?

Amazing. It actually took an OS preview and reviewed it like a feature complete OS.

"We've written a few articles about how much of a mess the Windows 10 mobile preview build has been."

Start pointing out where what is in the clip is completely incorrect please.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Well he's definitely right about the People live tile and that there are no differentiating features over other platforms. He did mention its a preview so its really no big deal, its the review of the final product that counts.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I found the phone troll from Pocketnow.
Hayato Huseman is his name and also a verb you do to your finger with a needle.
Screen-Shot-2015-06-03-at-1.26.33-AM-e1433309697573.png

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Ok, maybe not slander.. Bad word choice. I know, slander is a deformation of character on a person. But there's something similar, I forget what it's called. But basically it's stating false information about a business or company and claiming it to be true.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

"We've written a few articles about how much of a mess the Windows 10 mobile preview build has been."

Start pointing out where what is in the clip is completely incorrect please.

Not on your life! The video is done. Don't try to keep it alive by attempting to bring clarity to the load of garbage contained in that video. Step!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
re: Look at this>10166 video of pocketnow (update: finally removed)

They still have a post up that is similar:

http://pocketnow.com/2015/07/23/is-windows-10-mobile-starting-to-shape-up-yet-video

I'd say the blogger is right about most everything...

The problem is that the blogger is reviewing an alpha-grade preview as if it were finished software. That is completely pointless. It's like reviewing a car that only made its way three fourths along the assembly line.

What the blogger should be reviewing is not where W10M stands right now (what does or doesn't work), but where it seems to be headed in terms of concepts, design, style, usability, goals, etc. (yes, that's more work and requires technical expertise and imagination to fill in the missing parts).

There is actually plenty to criticize without resorting to: "hey, no steering wheel", when the build just hasn't yet gone through that part of the assembly process.

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Lol no wonder there was a Deleted Video in my Watch Later playlist.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

30lfc3q.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte