Scroll/Tap Problems on Windows Phone

ordas

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
What happens: you make a scroll move on the display but the phone reacts to it as it were a tap. Annoying. You can see this problem in action on a Lumia 1520 at 0:48 here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CsJ0C8InGI

I?ve noticed this problem on almost every Windows Phone 8 phones I owned: 1520, 930 and now on the Lumia 640. The 1520 was the worst, 930 came in second, the 640 is okay. Also, I owned two 1520-s (one got stolen, another one lost... :| Man, do I miss this phone despite this problem!).

As I have a backup Sony Xperia Z Ultra I can say: I never ever had the scroll/tap problem on the Sony device. My educated guess: the Lumia 1520 does have a hardware flaw yes, but Windows Phone seems to have generally a problem with scroll/tap interpretation. My Lumia 640 is now running on 10166. The problem seems to get worse if many apps are opened and the RAM gets full (especially in Readit-s comments section). If this happens, I just manually shut down every app I am not using right now and it gets immediately better. But not always. Sometimes, only a restart helps.

What is your experience?

Last edited:

lflee

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I've been using a 1520 for about a month. The issue you mentioned is absolutely the number one issue annoys me the most. Can it be fixed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs