Nokia lumia 930 gold edition can not update windows phone 10

Hoang Le3

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a Nokia Lumia 930 International Unlocked Version - Black Gold from amzon and update from 8.1 to win 10, but the phone can not update. roll back 8.1 and update again but the phone keep reboot and then go blank. Please help.

arkhale

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Please reset your device to 8.1 using Windows Phone Recovery Tool. Then try to update to build 10166 by selecting fast ring in Windows Insider. Good luck!

Hoang Le3

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 930 and signed in to the insider program. I installed the Windows Preview App, selected "Fast Ring", headed to "update" and saw that I have an update available. I clicked 'download' and after this finished, I clicked 'install'.

Then the phone restarted, I saw the gears, and after 3 minutes or so, it restartet again, and bootet to the normal WP8.1 screen, having an open message box saying "Could not install update. Error code 080070020".

I already googled and set the date time to manual. I also have 21 GB free disk space. I already tried the install about 5 times, to no avail...

I have no idea what to do. Any help appreciated.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry Micorsoft, this is the the last windows phone i buy from you. Goodbye, never see you again.

Because you can't install unfinished experimental software? Things will go wrong with 10 right now, people have problems like thay too, so it happens.

If it were the official release that the phone refuses to install, sure, but quirkiness isn't uncommon in 10's current state. I'm not sure what's going wrong though.

The gold edition isn't cheap so you can certainly sell it and try an iPhone for example. I hear the iOS 9 Beta is open to the public also.

Last edited:

netmann

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Return the phone and get a L635 or L640. You won't be disappointed!

Incidentally, a few buyers of this L930 version at amazon are running W10 Insider just fine! So most likely there is an issue (software or hardware) with your device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss