WP10 Alarm Tone

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Whew, that's got to change! The alarm tone in Windows Phone 8.x was a thing of beauty, so soothing, gradually building in volume and complexity. When the alarm went off this morning from my new WP10 installation, it sounded like several peppy xylophone players were standing next to my bed. Anyone have an idea about how to pick a different alarm tone? I haven't been able to find it.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you're referring to the default alarm for Lumia devices.

Hm, I like that tune so I think we'll either have to hope Alarms and Clock allows use of other built-in ringtones in the future, or somehow get the sound file.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I just load a bunch of my own saved ringtones, alerts, and alarms as MP3's. They all show up when you choose your sounds for various functions.

Last edited:

silentFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Unless you want to use the tones that come by default with the os,, you can choose from the music on your phone, that is for the alarm on win mobile 10.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think you're referring to the default alarm for Lumia devices.

Yes, that's exactly right. I found an .mp3 of the Nokia Clock 2013 and downloaded it to my ringtone folder. Under notifications, I was able to select alarm clock and replace the sound used. All good now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2