Will Microsoft ever let us make our own UI changes like Desktop Windows or Android launchers?

Miffywiffy

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
On Desktop Windows I can customize it to my liking, I can even download things like Start8 to make it like Windows 7. However with Windows Mobile it's their way or nothing, there is no customization and so things I hate end up just pissing me off. Android has launchers so you can find one you like, I really wish Windows Mobile would branch off into doing something like that.

I just want to get rid of the Signal bar at the top and put that info into a Tile so it looks clean and uniform. I also want the ability to make every tile clear so you you can have the wallpaper in the tiles and not just have loads of solid colour tiles ruining it.

Topataco

May 26, 2014
Visit site
The current w10 mobile build I have on my 635 has an opaqueness slider for making the tiles something between completely solid or completely transparent so there's that.

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Not sure but probably no.. You're right Android is what Windows Mobile should have been, it's sad that to solve Android's laggyness, MS decided to lock Windows Mobile down. They need to get to the sweet spot, between security, performance, and feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb