07-31-2015 07:44 AM
64 123
tools
    i am seriously tired of all these stuff happening on other platform with microsoft support...am on the verge to switch to an android device...its like u r supporting the OS and its like they dun care abt it...lets see what windows 10 brings..or else after 4 years of loyalty i will have to switch...
    I feel the same too after 5 years and 3 phones. You now get everything on other platforms that MS has to offer so it doesn't really matter if you are using Android or WP.
    07-27-2015 02:10 PM
    Looks like iOS and Android got sloppy drunk one night and had a kid. But if I was an iOS user.....id want it probably....just because I would be tired of looking at the same icons and UI since 2007 or so.
    07-27-2015 02:16 PM
    i am seriously tired of all these stuff happening on other platform with microsoft support...am on the verge to switch to an android device...its like u r supporting the OS and its like they dun care abt it...lets see what windows 10 brings..or else after 4 years of loyalty i will have to switch...
    Well, make up your mind. If you feel like changing than change. Stop complaining and whining. I mean its not like anybody here is begging you to stay == because I am also sick and tired. I'm sick and tired of reading through the forums and seeing such comments everyday. If you want to change, change. We have many choices in life we can make ourselves. Right? :P
    JamesDax likes this.
    07-27-2015 02:16 PM
    Some menu on the left side of the Start screen has been requested for a while now, there really is no reason (except for RAM maybe) to not have something there.
    It was wildly speculated that the action/notification center would be on the left side of the start screen. A shame that MS decided to just copy Android and iOS.
    GoWP likes this.
    07-27-2015 05:01 PM
    Why wait?
    07-27-2015 05:59 PM
    I don't see how neat this launcher is.... Just like other regular launchers on Google Play, yet with more restrictions - unable to add home screen panels, etc....
    07-27-2015 08:13 PM
    Well, make up your mind. If you feel like changing than change. Stop complaining and whining. I mean its not like anybody here is begging you to stay == because I am also sick and tired. I'm sick and tired of reading through the forums and seeing such comments everyday. If you want to change, change. We have many choices in life we can make ourselves. Right? :P
    Woah.... He is just expressing his POV here. Why get so rough on him? What he said is really true as well. MS has their focus so much more on other platforms! Just take a look at the One Drive app on Windows phone vs Android. Why the One Drive app on WP cannot be used to turn off sharing permissions while it can be done easily on Android? Also, why downloading files on Windows phone doesn't notify the users via the notification center when the queues are completed, just like on Android? Everything on Windows phone are just so restricted and limited! If this goes on, sooner or later, all WP fans like us will just be moving onto other platforms.

I shall see if W10m really live up to its hypes. If MS ever release an Android version of Groove, we will see how stupid WP version is against Android.
    NeerajMakeBelieve and GoWP like this.
    07-27-2015 08:17 PM
    I don't see how neat this launcher is.... Just like other regular launchers on Google Play, yet with more restrictions - unable to add home screen panels, etc....
    If someone actually read that I was pointing out launcher's features like swipe to the left or its app drawer look and swipe from the bottom, now add Livetiles instead of the main window with icons.. There you go. For me it would suit Windows mobile pretty well.
    07-27-2015 09:03 PM
    And Lock screen apps, Wish they were present on W10M. The concept was perfect.
    07-27-2015 09:12 PM
    Also the dark or light theming is preventing the main apps like Messages, Clock, Edge, etc to use their own specific color.

I'll be honest, the first thing I liked about Windows Phone, when I went for it, is that I could make my screen full of colors.. Now its completely gone with no option to have app's color with Livetile transparency.

I think Apps could still keep their own color and still be transparent instead of being all the same color.

Some apps actually have this option like "Cal" and it looks super good.

The reason I would get rid of theming is cos' apps can't have their own specific color and black gets depressing and white burns my eyes and it's super lame !

However don't worry that will never happen cos' people would start crying that Microsoft is destroying their "Modern UI" and that it looks like Android... Pfff.

Or you know, having more options doesn't hurt.

If that's get on the uservoice, it would probably get no votes, cos' only haters ever view posts like that and people who would like it, don't even read and write on forums nor even use uservoice. That's the reason why you see ten thousand hater comments on YouTube while there are one million likes on it. Or every comment on Windows Central is about hating circles on WP, while love for circles wins in a poll which is anonymous.

This community is so lame that people are afraid to be honest nor even care to think about something new and different.
    07-27-2015 09:37 PM
    That's why I think Microsoft using their own brains would be better than having uservoice, They can't change anything without getting hated for every single freaking thing!
    07-27-2015 09:40 PM
    Oo hey! I realized why they make so nice apps for Android :D they actually have the freedom!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-27-2015 09:43 PM
    it looks so dumb and ****
    07-28-2015 04:55 AM
    I don't get why people "threaten" to leave to Android... If good UX means that little to you, why not just go? What will your threats do?
    07-28-2015 05:00 AM
    People want certainty and confidence from the companies their products came from. That's what Apple has been doing right for years. Microsoft is losing the people that came here in the first place and liked where it was going. Supporting other platforms with better support than their own platform is just like cutting off their arm and replacing it with some cyborg mechanical arm instead.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing.
    07-28-2015 05:22 AM
    I don't get why people "threaten" to leave to Android... If good UX means that little to you, why not just go? What will your threats do?
    And WP has "good UX" ?
    07-28-2015 05:39 AM
    People want certainty and confidence from the companies their products came from. That's what Apple has been doing right for years. Microsoft is losing the people that came here in the first place and liked where it was going. Supporting other platforms with better support than their own platform is just like cutting off their arm and replacing it with some cyborg mechanical arm instead.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing.
    I wish Microsoft had confidence in their mobile phones. Almost all they can speak of is Office this, office that up and down.. Masses don't use Office nor will ever use Continuum nor even care to. Oh an Cloud first, Cloud what when you are in the middle of nowhere? I don't think their focus is in the right place. *cry*
    07-28-2015 05:50 AM
    it looks so dumb and ****
    That's what people think about Windows Phone
    07-28-2015 05:51 AM
    I'm still sure that Microsoft will improve Windows Mobile so we're all going to be happy while it will also a attract new users. Cos' Microsoft can be sneaky and surprising sometimes with their products.
    07-28-2015 05:58 AM
    stock touchwiz (touchwiz opinions are everywhere) doesn't lag, and has more functionality. this launcher does nothing more than 3 year old touchwiz, and lags in the process ? uninstalled.
    07-28-2015 07:18 AM
    Android changes UI every major relase, it's the best thing you could experience. At least for me. Always fun.

But yes this would be something new in the navigation of the OS, but I think it would sure attract more people.
    Not really. I've had them all, the only real change is lollipop with material design. I do like the way the icons look. Very modern yet simple. That's what I was hoping Windows 10 would have for some of the file explorer style icons. But either way Windows 10 is just kick ***. At least on Desktop. The mobile one doesn't really make me want to update my main phone and I barely touch my 520 with windows 10 on it.
    07-28-2015 07:24 AM
    Not really. I've had them all, the only real change is lollipop with material design. I do like the way the icons look. Very modern yet simple. That's what I was hoping Windows 10 would have for some of the file explorer style icons. But either way Windows 10 is just kick ***. At least on Desktop. The mobile one doesn't really make me want to update my main phone and I barely touch my 520 with windows 10 on it.
    I've had them all too so I know it changed enough for every update to be something new and refreshing.

Pure Android.

Look again from let's say froyo, gingerbread to ice cream sandwich, KitKat, now Lolipop, puberty done right.

And new features are also always included. Android M will probably be the first to have almost no changes.

I like Windows 10 too and wish Windows Mobile actually reflected its design language in every aspect.
    07-28-2015 08:45 AM
    For me the Android UI is nice and consistent. They did something that Windows Phone had a head start on and have thrown out with Windows 10, they have a very well documented design language: Material Design Language

If you think material design UI is poor then I'm sorry I have to disagree. I've been very disappointed with WP 10 UI, I really loved 7/8 and it pains me to use 10, they have sacrificed a lot of good UI for being universal and device agnostic. For comparison here is the Windows 10 UI guide: Windows 10 UI Guide

And a few real world examples of material design mockups: https://www.materialup.com/
    07-28-2015 08:48 AM
    Well I kind of like the music from the video. And the OS looks okay, sort of first-release BlackBerry 10. It depends on taste and sense of aesthetics I suppose, but my mind remains unboggled however finely wrought the app icons are, because they are static. W10M live tiles are much more full of life and information. When they are working, they draw you into apps at a glance, or let you know when things have been quiet, which is nice also. And they come in different sizes! There's always been something sad and off-putting in the uniform rows of similarly sized icons, in IOS, Android and BB10. I hope MS can refine the graphics and burnish the overall sharpness of the start screen, but with so much information on the top-down scroll, I can find what I need in no time. Alphabetizing is one answer to a problem I don't really have with W10M, finding the app I want to open.
    07-28-2015 04:06 PM
    I hate to say it, but that launcher looks pretty dang good with that MS flava. Did a better android than the goog IMHO.
    Slovenix likes this.
    07-28-2015 04:44 PM
64 123