07-31-2015 07:44 AM
64 123
tools
    And WP has "good UX" ?
    It still does. Windows 10 Mobile on the other hand...
    MikeySoft likes this.
    07-28-2015 06:05 PM
    It still does. Windows 10 Mobile on the other hand...
    Let's hope the next build will be magical
    Darius_520 and MikeySoft like this.
    07-28-2015 07:08 PM
    If you mean dumping the hamburger menus/clunky controls and going back to metro design language. Yes, that would be magical.
    07-28-2015 07:22 PM
    I don't get why people "threaten" to leave to Android... If good UX means that little to you, why not just go? What will your threats do?
    For me, W10m UI is OK. Just OK, although I find some screens (settings UIs, etc) simply have too much empty spaces on the right which is kinda weird to me. I don't see such waste of spaces on Android or iOS.

Anyways, what makes me frustrated on WP8.1 is the freaking slow animations throughout the system. I need to wait for the animations to stop before I can carry on with my others swipes gestures. The most annoying situation is when I'm back to the Start screen, I have to wait for the tiles to "settle" before I can start scrolling or tapping on other apps. No such nonsenses on Android - be it TouchWiz, HTC Sense or even stock Android. I hope this is fixed on WP10M.
    07-28-2015 08:23 PM
    For me, W10m UI is OK. Just OK, although I find some screens (settings UIs, etc) simply have too much empty spaces on the right which is kinda weird to me. I don't see such waste of spaces on Android or iOS.

Anyways, what makes me frustrated on WP8.1 is the freaking slow animations throughout the system. I need to wait for the animations to stop before I can carry on with my others swipes gestures. The most annoying situation is when I'm back to the Start screen, I have to wait for the tiles to "settle" before I can start scrolling or tapping on other apps. No such nonsenses on Android - be it TouchWiz, HTC Sense or even stock Android. I hope this is fixed on WP10M.
    Hah this.. Fingers fly faster than the system ;) same
    chmun77 likes this.
    07-28-2015 08:28 PM
    It is more of a logic than shame. Action center shall be accessible from anywhere in the UI, where one is working and not just when on Start Screen.
    07-29-2015 08:12 AM
    Not only this but also other Microsoft Garage Apps like Next Locker is required in windows. I can't understand why these apps are only in android. It seems Microsoft conceded that its lost and so no new ideas or apps for windows Phone.

Also as it is being claimed that windows 10 for phone is feature locked now, so doesn't sees much difference between 8.1 and 10.
    07-30-2015 08:35 AM
    Not only this but also other Microsoft Garage Apps like Next Locker is required in windows. I can't understand why these apps are only in android. It seems Microsoft conceded that its lost and so no new ideas or apps for windows Phone.

Also as it is being claimed that windows 10 for phone is feature locked now, so doesn't sees much difference between 8.1 and 10.
    What? Where is this being claimed? That would be a disaster..
    07-30-2015 09:08 AM
    Some things are possible in Android that are not possible in WP (or iOS) because of Android's open nature. This may be at least part of the reason why Microsoft Garage focuses on Android. They can do pretty much whatever they wish.

It's interesting how one of Android's advantages is also one of its disadvantages.
    navneet kumar5 likes this.
    07-30-2015 10:05 AM
    Great idea!
    I have been thinking of this since i first started using windows phone (Lumia 720 and now owning a lumia 925). Microsoft should offer consumers a choice of launcher which works perfectly smooth like current wp and i believe most wp fans will be happy for this, including me :).
    Slovenix likes this.
    07-30-2015 10:52 PM
    Talking to Verge , Belfiore confirmed this news.
    07-31-2015 06:29 AM
    I couldn't finish watching that video. The music the creator or uploader used made me want to slash up. Brutal, L2 Youtube buddy! I half expected someone in a crying voice to start narrating it.
    07-31-2015 06:46 AM
    I put this on my android. Its got good bones but after a half day of using it, you're reminded why you don't use android in the first place. The experience just blows by comparison.
    07-31-2015 07:41 AM
    Talking to Verge , Belfiore confirmed this news.
    We have not seen all the new features coming yet. Continuum being one of them. What Belfiore said is like a lot of what he says. misleading.
    07-31-2015 07:44 AM
64 123