Microsoft's Arrow launcher for Android.. How about implementing those ideas into Windows Mobile ?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As nice as it looks, take away all the fancy animations and it is no different then the other hundreds of app launchers out there. After using Windows phone for so long, when I look at an iphone or android phone, it reminds me of my cluttered desktop (hidden behind windows blinds).

Sure they could probably utilise the right swipe on phones to access something similar to the fast lane introduced with the Asha Series, that would be useful especially for those whose start screens are as long as their arms lol.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
We had seen something new in form of Live Lockscreen Beta and Tetra Lockscreen apps, but they pulled the later and dropped support for the former.

Yasracer

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
i am seriously tired of all these stuff happening on other platform with microsoft support...am on the verge to switch to an android device...its like u r supporting the OS and its like they dun care abt it...lets see what windows 10 brings..or else after 4 years of loyalty i will have to switch...

Srikanth Shenoy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
i am seriously tired of all these stuff happening on other platform with microsoft support...am on the verge to switch to an android device...its like u r supporting the OS and its like they dun care abt it...lets see what windows 10 brings..or else after 4 years of loyalty i will have to switch...

I feel the same too after 5 years and 3 phones. You now get everything on other platforms that MS has to offer so it doesn't really matter if you are using Android or WP.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Looks like iOS and Android got sloppy drunk one night and had a kid. But if I was an iOS user.....id want it probably....just because I would be tired of looking at the same icons and UI since 2007 or so.

noobchief

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Well, make up your mind. If you feel like changing than change. Stop complaining and whining. I mean its not like anybody here is begging you to stay == because I am also sick and tired. I'm sick and tired of reading through the forums and seeing such comments everyday. If you want to change, change. We have many choices in life we can make ourselves. Right? :p

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Some menu on the left side of the Start screen has been requested for a while now, there really is no reason (except for RAM maybe) to not have something there.

It was wildly speculated that the action/notification center would be on the left side of the start screen. A shame that MS decided to just copy Android and iOS.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how neat this launcher is.... Just like other regular launchers on Google Play, yet with more restrictions - unable to add home screen panels, etc....

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, make up your mind. If you feel like changing than change. Stop complaining and whining. I mean its not like anybody here is begging you to stay == because I am also sick and tired. I'm sick and tired of reading through the forums and seeing such comments everyday. If you want to change, change. We have many choices in life we can make ourselves. Right? :p

Woah.... He is just expressing his POV here. Why get so rough on him? What he said is really true as well. MS has their focus so much more on other platforms! Just take a look at the One Drive app on Windows phone vs Android. Why the One Drive app on WP cannot be used to turn off sharing permissions while it can be done easily on Android? Also, why downloading files on Windows phone doesn't notify the users via the notification center when the queues are completed, just like on Android? Everything on Windows phone are just so restricted and limited! If this goes on, sooner or later, all WP fans like us will just be moving onto other platforms.

I shall see if W10m really live up to its hypes. If MS ever release an Android version of Groove, we will see how stupid WP version is against Android.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't see how neat this launcher is.... Just like other regular launchers on Google Play, yet with more restrictions - unable to add home screen panels, etc....

If someone actually read that I was pointing out launcher's features like swipe to the left or its app drawer look and swipe from the bottom, now add Livetiles instead of the main window with icons.. There you go. For me it would suit Windows mobile pretty well.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Also the dark or light theming is preventing the main apps like Messages, Clock, Edge, etc to use their own specific color.

I'll be honest, the first thing I liked about Windows Phone, when I went for it, is that I could make my screen full of colors.. Now its completely gone with no option to have app's color with Livetile transparency.

I think Apps could still keep their own color and still be transparent instead of being all the same color.

Some apps actually have this option like "Cal" and it looks super good.

The reason I would get rid of theming is cos' apps can't have their own specific color and black gets depressing and white burns my eyes and it's super lame !

However don't worry that will never happen cos' people would start crying that Microsoft is destroying their "Modern UI" and that it looks like Android... Pfff.

Or you know, having more options doesn't hurt.

If that's get on the uservoice, it would probably get no votes, cos' only haters ever view posts like that and people who would like it, don't even read and write on forums nor even use uservoice. That's the reason why you see ten thousand hater comments on YouTube while there are one million likes on it. Or every comment on Windows Central is about hating circles on WP, while love for circles wins in a poll which is anonymous.

This community is so lame that people are afraid to be honest nor even care to think about something new and different.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
That's why I think Microsoft using their own brains would be better than having uservoice, They can't change anything without getting hated for every single freaking thing!

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why people "threaten" to leave to Android... If good UX means that little to you, why not just go? What will your threats do?

hidayat225

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
People want certainty and confidence from the companies their products came from. That's what Apple has been doing right for years. Microsoft is losing the people that came here in the first place and liked where it was going. Supporting other platforms with better support than their own platform is just like cutting off their arm and replacing it with some cyborg mechanical arm instead.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo