Unrestricted download limits over mobile data.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
How does everyone feel about this? I'm so happy about this. Here in the UK we have one network which offers truly unlimited mobile data (Three UK) who have their own network towers (around 18,500 now) and we can use an unbelievable 1TB of data over mobile or tethering and this is just a soft cap of you use more than 1TB it doesn't stop there. I know people in other countries have limits especially in the US, so again my question how do you feel about this?

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
How could i feel anything except envy?
I pay 20? for 750mb (lowest possible down speed) E and sometimes H(even H+ when goods look at me), 100min and 300sms.

I don't think there is ,,unlimited" option here, nor 4G.

/3rdWorldCountry

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
on that's unlucky, the other networks here in the UK are not so generous.

I pay ?15 per month for 2000 minutes, 5000 3-3 minutes, 5000 texts, unlimited mobile data and unlimited tethering which includes 4G. Get speeds close to 80-90Mbps sometimes.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Does this have anything to do with Win10 Mobile? Or you just put in wrong area?

Of course it does, if you didn't know already windows phone 8.1 limits you to 50MB download limit over mobile data, windows 10 mobile lets you download as larger file as you like over mobile data.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Does this have anything to do with Win10 Mobile? Or you just put in wrong area?

Have you try WP 8.1 where the phone just disallow you to download podcasts just because they are only >100MB via mobile data network? It is ridiculous that MS capped such silly things. Is all these little things that put people away from Windows Phone. I hope such stupid restrictions will all be removed with W10m

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I see.....I never used my mobile data to dl much over 30-40mb files. Im normally around wifi at home and work most of my time with phone use so I never realized the mobile data was capped like that in 8.1.

Very cool .....good too see this change with Win10. Im sure those with large data plans more than welcome this. I can just imagine how irritating that must be with such a low limit if you don't have secure and fast wifi when you need it.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I hope it will be optional. ATM, I had to set my limit to unlimited, otherwise I am getting false warnings about reaching the limit. And then I had to set app and OS updates to off to not reach the limit after all.

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I feel ripped offed, here in Malaysia, the prices are high but the network is often ****ty and slow. Singapore on the other hand has better service providers I guess.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Have you try WP 8.1 where the phone just disallow you to download podcasts just because they are only >100MB via mobile data network? It is ridiculous that MS capped such silly things. Is all these little things that put people away from Windows Phone. I hope such stupid restrictions will all be removed with W10m

They have as I tested it to download a game which was almost 1GB and it worked.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I feel ripped offed, here in Malaysia, the prices are high but the network is often ****ty and slow. Singapore on the other hand has better service providers I guess.

Nah.... Mobile plans in SG is just as expensive. The plans dropped from a 12GB mthly data cap to merely 3GB now, and the price hiked by $10 per mth.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

I feel bad for people in certain countries on certain networks. In the UK Three as I said is the only network that offers truly unlimited mobile data and unlimited data for tethering and it's not a crap network their 3G network is dc-hsdpa so get speeds of almost 30Mbps down. Almost 100Mbps down on 4G better than my home connection so I welcome Microsoft's actions to allow us to use our data how we want it. Its nice to upload photos when you have a mobile data connection that gives almost 30Mbps upload.speeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea