Windows 10 kills my Lumia 520, can I please get some help?

ganga rapu

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
windows 10 kills my lumia 520 plz help me

iam using lumia 520 windows 10166 build my phone is continously switching off i tried hard reset and normal reset on my phone even though spinnning gears were not cmng and even tried windows phone recovery tool(wprt), lumia software recovery tool(but showing error "operation ended with failure")used nokia product support tool also
i had went nokia &microsoft care point but the engineers are saying there might be mother board problem we are helpless
i have post this issue in microsoft support forums but no engineer helped me to resolve the issue
so my sincere request to all is to make this issue popular and help me to resolve this
issue
"MY INTEREST IN WINDOWS 10 UPDATE LANDED ME IN PROBLEM"
so think a while installing windows 10 on low end devices
and make microsoft to update "Windows phone recovery tool"

Last edited:

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: windows 10 sucks on lumia 520 no help from any microsoft support engineer

I had this, and I think a few others did. I rescued mine with recovery tool. You have to time it right. With my 930, when I hit the sweet spot it came up as a UEFI device and then happily restored to win 8.1. As I said, it's all about timing. My phone went off, then I quickly stuffed the lead in and that's when recovery found it.

I'm sure I have seen this reported, and I am certain that someone with more experience with windows phones can point you in the right direction.

MSOFT do put that large warning before you download about buggering your phone, and it'll be your own fault. Maybe that's why the engineering / support people don't want to help. Hope you get the help you need on here. Also, have a look as XDA as a few insiders there have had the same issue.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried plugging the usb lead in when the phone reboots? Wait for it to fail, then whack the lead in and it should detect it as UEFI. It may take a few goes, but it worked for me using windows phone recovery.

Don't get too disheartened, Windows Phones are fairly robust, and it takes a lot to kill them.

ganga rapu

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

say the steps clearly iam unable to understand what is uefi

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

UEFI is the boot sector for your phone, like modern PC's. It's the successor to BIOS and the cause of major headaches for us dual booters, running linux with windows.

The list below was found in a post on here. It is NOT my work, but that of member Sedp23

You Will have to put it in UEFI mode

1. Remove Battery from Device or Just Turn It Off, and keep it Off

2. Do not Connect Device to PC yet

3. Fire up WPRT and Select that Your Device cannot be Discovered and then Select Lumia Device and Put WPRT In Discovery mode

4. While keeping pressed the Volume Down Button, Plug your Device to your PC

5. WPRT will find your Device in UEFI mode, release the Volume Down button and you are set

If this doesn't work, search the forums for win 10 boot loop. Lots about it.

Last edited:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

My phone have a similar problem. What is wprt

Windows Phone Recovery Tool.... I brotherly suggest you to google a little before proceeding, I suppose you hare a starter in Windows Phone world.
it's a quite simply procedure and it need a pc, a usb cable (possibily original) and a wifi connection for downloadin the original fabric build from central server
Your'phone will be back to Windows 8 as out of the box, so it'll download the 8.1 update by itself after you inserted your account and wifi credentials

I got a 520 too, and it works quite well with last builds. But if you feels unsecure, I suggest you to remain in 8.1 after the restore

William Stovall

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: windows 10 kills my lumia 520 plz help me

Originally posted by Maurizio Troso
Originally Posted by zivaidesire
My phone have a similar problem. What is wprt

Windows Phone Recovery Tool.... I brotherly suggest you to google a little before proceeding, I suppose you hare a starter in Windows Phone world.
it's a quite simply procedure and it need a pc, a usb cable (possibily original) and a wifi connection for downloadin the original fabric build from central server
Your'phone will be back to Windows 8 as out of the box, so it'll download the 8.1 update by itself after you inserted your account and wifi credentials

I got a 520 too, and it works quite well with last builds. But if you feels unsecure, I suggest you to remain in 8.1 after the restore

This build broke my WiFi on my Lumia 521

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)