My phone is locked in chinese

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
So I have the 640 XL and I just did the Windows Insider to upgrade to Windows 10 and my phone only displays in Chinese. Can someone please help me navigate the screens to change the language to English?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I have the 640 XL and I just did the Windows Insider to upgrade to Windows 10 and my phone only displays in Chinese. Can someone please help me navigate the screens to change the language to English?

l'll try my best.....(How did you get it in Chinese though lol). I've reset my plenty of times and upgraded/downgraded and never have I seen it tin any language besides English. I haven't see Chinese since I first brought it

1. Scroll to app list

2. Scroll down to settings(with the gear) and open it
3. Scroll down to the 6th option(I think)...it should have what looks like a clock, the letter A, and some other weird symbol. Click it

4. the second option is Language...click it

5. Here it says Add languages...I am not sure if it shows English or not. But if it doesn't have the words in English...try choosing the 28th language in the list? It's English but from a different country

Idk if this will help as I am doing it from my XL on windows 10 but it is in English...so idk if settings change around on the languages.

I was told that if you have your carrier sim in there, it should automatically detect the language or even powering the phone off/on

Xboxer Eyts

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Press a language that you prefer then initial set up will start. Since it's Chinese, you won't be able to finish it and I'm sure the start screen will still appear. Then go to the settings and look for the language.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium