I just upgraded to W10 and my settings app won't open. why?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i just upgraded to w10 and my settins app won't open.. why?g

i have tried to open the setting up to do multiple things, and it just like pops up for a millisecond and then goes away..

Satorindley

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: i just upgraded to w10 and my settins app won't open.. why?g

I have the same problem except not settings, the Windows Store. So I can't download any apps! Oh well, the fun of being on a Technical Preview! :D. I'll try soft resetting.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: i just upgraded to w10 and my settins app won't open.. why?g

i have tried to open the setting up to do multiple things, and it just like pops up for a millisecond and then goes away..

Try installing a new language pack or keyboard. This is because the way a language pack is installed is similar to how an update is installed - it involves migrating your apps from a system partition. Sometimes (like with the last update), the migration process forgets to migrate everything over and apps crash and don't work. Go to settings > language > keyboard and add one in that requires a download. Then go to phone update and install it (called additional language support). Just let it install and leave the phone plugged in for 1-2 hours. If you have Glance enabled, the glance screen should be showing before you start using it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes