Loving windows 10 mobile!!

Ruben Aceves

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Just finished installing windows 10 on my Lumia 640 and just WOW!! What a breath of fresh air 😉. No installation issues whatsoever and the phone is so snappy now. This is my daily driver so I was a bit nervous but I had faith and i am not disappointed one bit. Really digging the new updated colors and fresh updated U.I.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, did you find any issues since you updated? I know it may be too early to say sth, but I'm also considering w10m on my L640...

SaltCityBoy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
If you have intense in keeping it as a daily driver, please inform us in a couple of days is device good everyday use. I would like also to try W10 on L640 but have some doubts reading all kind of issues users face. I would like once I install it, to not go back to W8.1.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have intense in keeping it as a daily driver, please inform us in a couple of days is device good everyday use. I would like also to try W10 on L640 but have some doubts reading all kind of issues users face. I would like once I install it, to not go back to W8.1.

I would say no it is not a good candidate because there are A LOT of issues. I cannot believe they even considered releasing this POS to the slow ring. I have issues all day every day. The store doesn't even work anymore. The main start screen just says "loading" for no reason sometimes. It takes about 5 minutes for it to come up. It is a horrible mess. There are a lot of apps that won't either install or work at all.

Of course there will be some people who will comment that they have no issues at all. Maybe it is because I am running it on older hardware (920). But that fact is it is a mess.

I did a factory reset to 8.1 and then did the install because originally when I did install it, I couldn't use any cellular functions or WiFi. This has been a nightmare.

Yes, I know it is a preview and there are bugs so you don't need to remind me.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well in fact it's only a mess in your opinion. In my opinion it's pretty damn stable on my Lumia 640. No actually that's a fact.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm using it from release day. So far no problem. Lumia 1520 here. After upgrade hard reset. 1 thing bother me. I don't know it is apps problem or OS problem. After screen shot I cannot select picture from album using wechat or whatsapp. Seem thumbnails pics update slow.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I would say no it is not a good candidate because there are A LOT of issues. I cannot believe they even considered releasing this POS to the slow ring. I have issues all day every day. The store doesn't even work anymore. The main start screen just says "loading" for no reason sometimes. It takes about 5 minutes for it to come up. It is a horrible mess. There are a lot of apps that won't either install or work at all.

Of course there will be some people who will comment that they have no issues at all. Maybe it is because I am running it on older hardware (920). But that fact is it is a mess.

I did a factory reset to 8.1 and then did the install because originally when I did install it, I couldn't use any cellular functions or WiFi. This has been a nightmare.

You seem to be highly disappointed with current build. I think performance vary with hardware, however current build has been stable on almost all phones. May be, it's just unlucky you..

Ruben Aceves

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
A bit of an update and thoughts:

Battery Life: no problems, and no changes as far as how fast it is being used up as compared to before.
Edge Browser: Much, MUCH snappier as compared to IE on my Lumia 640.
Subtle Changes I noticed immediately:I really like the way when I now press the Phone icon, I can have it set to go directly to the dialer rather as before it would bring up my call history. I like the transparency of the lock screen, and once again I'll mention the speed of the new browser as compared to before.
Stability: My experience so far has been very good to say the least, I really feel fortunate, I DO RECOMMEND that you leave your phone plugged in to the charger when the update is happening (even if you have a full battery), coming from a PC tech with decades of experience, you want the phones processor to be running on all 12 cylinders when the change is happening.

I will keep updating my experience daily, but so far i have found no bugs in as far how I use the phone.

I opted to install the FAST preview option.

Last edited:

r8doo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So far agree with most (positive) comments im using my 640xl with no real hick ups, OS seems stable couple of stutters here and there but all in all pretty stable so far. Some live tiles get stuck every now and then but a quick power on/off fixes this small price to pay for what is looking like a great update. Currently having no regrets leaving my iPhone 6plus behind :) biggest frustration is the scaling on apps after getting used to the UI changes then using a app on old metro style looks awful, what's app a perfect example

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
@vincentw56, try doing a soft reset, if that does not work do a backup, hard reset then restore. See if you can get store working. There was a big update of Alps, including store the other night. After the app updates do another soft reset. I'm using 10166 on my L520 as my daily driver. Its fairly stable.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Ruben Aceves

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE

After using the phone all day today, no hiccups at all, very smooth in every respect. All my apps work. camera, music, YouTube, FaceBook, FB Messenger, texting, weather etc. So far so good! I was indeed nervous installing at first since this IS my daily driver but I am so glad I took the chance and my confidence has only bloomed in Microsoft's ability to deliver.

I will update more tomorrow, and again I state after a full days use that my Lumia 640 works just as intended only BETTER :)

Ruben Aceves

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok it's been a couple days now and the phone is still stable and every app works as intended. I turned off double tap feature and after a fulls day of use,I still have 76% charge left. I had no idea that the double tap to wake up feature used so much juice.

cooolaashu

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
76% left after day usage - Wow. How was the performance in 8.1; I am also sitting on fence with my 640 xL waiting to hear news about battery backup ( I get 2 complete days and I dont want to loose this happy feeling :D )

sai swaroop patro

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

Hey u should hard reset to avoid max errors

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Settings > System > About > reset your phone. Do this then do not restore any data. Your phone will feel brand new. I guarantee it.

sai swaroop patro

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Just finished installing windows 10 on my Lumia 640 and just WOW!! What a breath of fresh air 😉. No installation issues whatsoever and the phone is so snappy now. This is my daily driver so I was a bit nervous but I had faith and i am not disappointed one bit. Really digging the new updated colors and fresh updated U.I.

All must see this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EAeYtz1evyI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss