TP on daily driver

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone downloaded the latest preview on their daily and kept it? After downloading windows 10 to my PC I'm tempted to try out the mobile. I know it's a preview but I haven't installed since earlier, very buggy versions. How is it lately? Worth trying out?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Some say it's good . Some say it isn't. It's really a hit and miss and up to you if you can deal with bugs/things not working properly.

So please, don't install it them come back tomorrow and make a threat saying "Windows 10 mobile sucks! *x-y-z does not work properly! blah blah blah"

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I downloaded on My microsoft Lumia 735 which is my daily driver and have had no problems to speak of. It seems fast Battery life is good and only had to restart it once when the action center wasnt showing me all 16 choices. other than that NO problems.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Some say it's good . Some say it isn't. It's really a hit and miss and up to you if you can deal with bugs/things not working properly.

So please, don't install it them come back tomorrow and make a threat saying "Windows 10 mobile sucks! *x-y-z does not work properly! blah blah blah"

Plenty of those already... And we have enough "Windows is dead" and "I'm leaving" threads... I wouldn't bother. I may give it a run when I get home and simply update this thread, but wouldn't make a new one just to complain..

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It running ok on my L520. Had a battery issue the other day, but a soft reset seems to have fixed that. If you update, give yourself about 2-3 hours, because after the update it will download a bunch of updated core apps. You will want to soft reset and may have to do that several times. After it gets stable, you should be good. After reading through the threads, each phone seems to have it's own issues. Worst case you may have to do a hard reset to get it stable. Good luck.

Jason Velocity

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have given each build a week after it came out, and this last build is more stable, but I was unable to install any apps from the store. I had hoped they would fix this by Win10 launch day, but that was not the case. I rolled back to 8.1 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by how fast my 635 felt again :)

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone downloaded the latest preview on their daily and kept it? After downloading windows 10 to my PC I'm tempted to try out the mobile. I know it's a preview but I haven't installed since earlier, very buggy versions. How is it lately? Worth trying out?
I have been using on my daily since 10133. Was a little buggy then but now not enough bugs to make me revert back. Main issue I have is that some live tiles like email, do not always show notifications of new emails. Also some apps get stuck on an update loop in store. Using on HTC One M8

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Almost a week now on my Microsoft Lumia 735. Its still running great. Had an app issue but uninstalled it and reistalled and its fine. Battery life is great.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Been running it on my 930 for a few weeks now and pretty much comfortable with the build at this point. There are a few apps that don't work with W10 but all the main one's I need are there. I get a crash and random lock up from time to time, but to be expected with a beta build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos