Hi there! Cellular option in settings not working Windows 10- Lumia 1020 - build 10166. Why?

Yu Va

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi there! Cellular option in settings not working Windows 10- Lumia 1020 - build 10166

I Updated the technical preview version(Fast) of Windows 10 in my Lumia 1020 (build 10166). My sim is in roaming. i am unable to use my mobile data internet (but i have subscribed it from network provider. worked fine before the update).

when click on the Settings=> network setting => Cellular (this doesnt take me to any thing. i.e. touching on it doesnt lead me to the cellular setting at all)

Now i noticed that my WIFI is also not working.. hence no connectivity except data cable ...kindly help ASAP
Please help me fix this.
Thanks in advance

_Yuvaraj

Last edited:

adamx98

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hi there! Cellular option in settings not working Windows 10- Lumia 1020 - build 10166

I am having this exact same issue. If I try to enable wifi from the action center, the button does not respond when pressed. If I go to wifi settings directly and try to flip the switch to "On", I get a message saying this can't be done now and try again later or restart (many reboots later, nothing changes).

As far as Cellular, My signal meter is full and it reads as ATT LTE, however no data services seem to be working at all. I too have the issue where I cannot get to any Cellular options in the menu. Pressing the link does nothing, and there are no details or options listed below it.

As it stands, my phone is one step above paperweight. I can make calls and send texts, but that's all. If anyone has any advice or insight I'd appreciate it!

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you certain the texts are sent? Had identical issue and I'm starting to figure out the pre-upgrade setup that is probably the reason, it happened from 8.1 to 10149
In my case the SIM was inside the phone and connected with roaming on(but data off), the Wi-Fi was on, IMO this caused both wireless options to malfunction after the upgrade, the Wi-Fi refused to switch on with the same strange message and the cellular+SIM was "empty". That left only phone functional, the text messages always failed and the only solution was hard reset.
Since then I always remove the SIM and switch the Wi-Fi off after downloading the files and prior to starting the upgrade, had no such problem with multiple installs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans