When is the next W10 mobile preview build due?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I agree that the Live Tiles could use some serious improvements.
However, I do not think that Windows 10 Mobile is more cluttered than Lollipop in MY opinion. That's not to say you are wrong, but I have used Android 5.0 a lot and some places just feel needlessly complicated.
I do agree that Windows 10 Mobile needs a little more color throughout the operating system.
And interactive Live Tiles are a must.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyways If I use Amoled over IPS then I really like the blacks tho ;) especially in the dark.

Interactive Live Tiles, those dreams are going on for so long already.. :)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would just hope they'd come out more often with quick fixes. Not being able to launch the camera past the lock screen is a problem. That seems like it could be a quick fix. Same for not seeing SD card albums in the photos app. Things like the "loading" on the start screen may take longer to fix, but at least try to make the phone kind of usable. :(

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I need to charge battery 4 times a day ..using net for 1 hour make it to 40% down.im on 10149..i m unable to go to 10166 because of update error..it redownloads and redownload on upadating and then the same error page"nsome ffiles not downloaded".

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I need to charge battery 4 times a day ..using net for 1 hour make it to 40% down.im on 10149..i m unable to go to 10166 because of update error..it redownloads and redownload on upadating and then the same error page"nsome ffiles not downloaded".

Have you tried using the Software Recovery tool to roll back and then go up to 10166?

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I wonder how often I have seen threads like these in the last few days :eek:rly:
MS has lots to do with the aftermath of the release of Win10 for desktop. Especially with the free upgrade option many people will jump on the Win10 train. And there are enough things to fix for MS in the upcoming months. I just upgraded 4 machines to Win10 this weekend and each of them has some problem: either activation not works, driver issues, windows update error etc.
Just normal they give high priority now to an already released OS. I would expect the next build not earlier than october.

I doubt they only have one team doing things for windows 10. The team on mobile is probably not impacted by what the desktop team is doing. That sucks you're having issues. I've also upgraded four machines, two laptops, SP2 and a desktop, and it went perfectly on all of them.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My big worry is, we might end up pretty much like we did when we went from Windows Phone 7 to Windows phone 7.8. Some crap looking skin but nothing like Windows 8. Here we might end with Windows Phone 9.8 and never get the full version of Windows 10. We already saw a post of what phones were on the preferred list and my Lumia 1520, 920, HTC One M8 did not make the cut. So gird thou loins. You know Microsoft loves to pull the bandage off real slow.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
My big worry is, we might end up pretty much like we did when we went from Windows Phone 7 to Windows phone 7.8. Some crap looking skin but nothing like Windows 8. Here we might end with Windows Phone 9.8 and never get the full version of Windows 10. We already saw a post of what phones were on the preferred list and my Lumia 1520, 920, HTC One M8 did not make the cut. So gird thou loins. You know Microsoft loves to pull the bandage off real slow.
I don't think that list applies to the Insider program. Those are the phones (not including whatever new phones are available at launch) that they're recommending the RTM build for and even that list might change.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I don't think that list applies to the Insider program. Those are the phones (not including whatever new phones are available at launch) that they're recommending the RTM build for and even that list might change.
His point isn't that the excluded phones are blocked off from Windows 10 Mobile completely, but that the vast majority of Windows Phone users won't get the update right off the bat, if at all. The average consumer (believe it or not, not all Windows Phone users are tech savvy), shouldn't have to and probably doesn't know how to join the Windows Insider Preview program nor would they want to if they knew how to. How many people would uninstall unreleased, technical preview software if they honestly knew what it was? For how many people is Windows 10 Mobile worth that?
Microsoft is risking another Windows Phone 7 fiasco, and it's not because of engineering issues. This isn't because Windows 10 Mobile uses a different kernel. This is...not even sure what. If Microsoft really tried they could get Windows 10 Mobile running on every single device. They already are with the Windows Insider Preview program (well most of them).

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
His point isn't that the excluded phones are blocked off from Windows 10 Mobile completely, but that the vast majority of Windows Phone users won't get the update right off the bat, if at all. The average consumer (believe it or not, not all Windows Phone users are tech savvy), shouldn't have to and probably doesn't know how to join the Windows Insider Preview program nor would they want to if they knew how to. How many people would uninstall unreleased, technical preview software if they honestly knew what it was? For how many people is Windows 10 Mobile worth that?
Microsoft is risking another Windows Phone 7 fiasco, and it's not because of engineering issues. This isn't because Windows 10 Mobile uses a different kernel. This is...not even sure what. If Microsoft really tried they could get Windows 10 Mobile running on every single device. They already are with the Windows Insider Preview program (well most of them).

WP 7.8 was just a UI change, at core it was still 7, Windows 10 Mobile will be available to every single Lumias & Non-Lumias running 8.1 , not all FEATURES will be available because of hardware limitations but OS will be 10.

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Their focus is windows 10 desktop and their team is busy fixing problems ..

But i think something is cooking there.. I wish their next build is bang in terms of UI and stabilty.

Steve Thackery

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Do you really think they only have one team?

Well..... I suspect there is quite some flexibility between the teams, with people moving between them as the demand requires. I would imagine many of the mobile team are temporarily helping out on the desktop.

Bearing in mind desktop and mobile now have the same core OS, it's quite possible that the mobile and desktop teams are, effectively, one and the same.

VARUNGUPTA16061992

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Well..... I suspect there is quite some flexibility between the teams, with people moving between them as the demand requires. I would imagine many of the mobile team are temporarily helping out on the desktop.

Bearing in mind desktop and mobile now have the same core OS, it's quite possible that the mobile and desktop teams are, effectively, one and the same.

Teams r same.. Or say converge at one point... Else there would be no reason
.. Why development of WP started late and still v dont have release date for same.

Andrei Neculai

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile RTM is already done. You can test it in a virtual machine if you download the windows 10 sdk and have visual studio. The final build number is 10240 exactly like the desktop version.

It will probably get released in 2 weeks at most.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^
1. Who said 10240 is W10M RTM? Source?

2. When was the scheduled release-to-OEM date moved up from late September early October? Source?

3. Who said that what can run on an emulator can also runs on the hundreds of differing WP hardware configurations? Since when does being able to run on an emulator = finished?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea