Here Transit missing on W10 mobile

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

After using the first build of W10M on my 920, I decided to stay away from it as it was a disaster. Fortunately, my 920 wasn't my daily driver. I then decided to try the newest build on my 930 aka, my daily driver.

So far, the experience is pretty cool. A bit slow at times but hey, it's a preview. Most issues I'm having are actually not even due to the preview but the phone itself (I have a LOT of issues with my 930 since day one, replaced it and still having issues... 2 hard resets later, nothing changed therefore I decided to "accept" the problems until I buy a new phone and stop wasting time resetting everytime).

If W10M is actually pretty decent for a preview, I am missing one app which I thought would be there: Here Transit.

Here maps and Here Drive + are there but not the Transit app. The Here Transit app was terrible a few months ago (for me) as my city (2nd biggest city of France) wasn't supported or at least very poorly. Recently, the app became way more reliable and it could finally find the perfect bus routes for me while being accurate to the minute (I hoped Cortana could actually use the Here Transit database to give me warnings in the morning to get to work but it never worked). So, I was really looking forward to re-install it on W10M as I use it quite often even if I use my bike now that summer is here.

If some of you are using it on W10M, do you guys know if it's a glitch on my side or if there's a way to get it back? Or do we simply need to wait until the full release of W10?

Thanks!

Augusto Fornitani

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Searching through the forums, and asking a friend using a 930 with 8.1 to install the app, there seems to be a problem with W10M, as my 1520 with latest build can't (re)install it either. So far, I've been using Moovit as a replacement. Interface wise, I think it is inferior to HERE Transit, but it does a good job still. You can check the list of supported cities on their site ( http : // moovitapp . com / cities / < I can't paste links yet, as I've started posting here on the forum yesterday, just to search about HERE Transit and share that alternative. Also, when moving from 8.1 to W10M without doing a reset, the app was kept and working, so if you absolutely need it you could try that, too. Good luck!

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up Augusto. Much appreciated.

I'll wait until Here Transit is finally available on W10M. I'll probably do a few resets until the RTM so let's just be patient :)

So far, I don't need it but in the winter, I'll definitely rely on that app once again. With a lot of luck, W10M will may be start rolling out by then.

Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos