Why does my screen become nonresponsive suddenly?

Yokesh Yeolekar

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

i am using lumia 830.. Since i have updated mobile with the insider's preview of windows 10 i am facing one serious problems :
Suppose i am on call and upon the completion when i click to hang up the call i notice that my touch screen has become irresponsive however navigation buttons and side keys work absolutely fine as normal..
So to get my screen responsive again i again ad again have to restart my phone which drains my phone's battery...

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile is still not finished so there are bugs. It is recommended that you do a hard reset after updating to fix stuff like that.

EvEr34

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue on my 930. Hard reset before and after installation. Did try a Hard reset after the issue first popped up but it was ok only for a day or two.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

DoDeH1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Same thing here. I notice that it happens especially when during call it switch between 3G, 3G+ or LTE. Only a soft reset like Lock+Volume down helps.

Pedro Castanheira

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just posted to the Bugs Thread what I found and how I fixed this problem.
To me, the problem is in the Facebook app. I managed to find that the background task for facebook was taking a lot of battery. Since I can live without the annoying notifications, I went into Battery Saver and disabled it.
Since them, no more freeze screen after calls, no more soft resets, double battery life. My phone is now working great, like it never did since I upgraded to 10166. I even have Glance running now, that's how confident I am now.

EvEr34

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

i am using lumia 830.. Since i have updated mobile with the insider's preview of windows 10 i am facing one serious problems :
Suppose i am on call and upon the completion when i click to hang up the call i notice that my touch screen has become irresponsive however navigation buttons and side keys work absolutely fine as normal..
So to get my screen responsive again i again ad again have to restart my phone which drains my phone's battery...

This is still an issue for me. Anyone have any more insight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb