Why can't I sync my Gmail account on Mail app?

rvillanu77

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Cannot sync my Gmail account on Mail app

Hi all,
I'm having issues with my gmail account on my Windows 10 Lumia. Since last wednesday, I cannot sync my account on my Lumia. Cannot send or receive mails. I've tried everything: deleting/creating account, hard reset on my Lumia.. Nothing worked.
It's funny that it works perfectly on my Windows 10 laptop...

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cannot sync my Gmail account on Mail app

I experienced the same issue with my gmail. It is a known issue. The workaround is after the initial setup do not change any of the account settings.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Try adding account in settings, then let it sync and you should get the tile in your screen automatically.

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

Well I had the same issue with Gmail.. However after the recent update of the Mail app.. I guess its resolved now!! I reconfigured the account 2 days prior & it's working fine since then.. Syncing hourly!! :evil::evil:

rvillanu77

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

Well I had the same issue with Gmail.. However after the recent update of the Mail app.. I guess its resolved now!! I reconfigured the account 2 days prior & it's working fine since then.. Syncing hourly!! :evil::evil:

When did you receive the Outlook Mail update? Can you change sync settings and the app keeps syncing? Can you change to push email, for instance?
The issue still persist on my Lumia...

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

I guess the update was received 2-3 days prior.. yes m able to change the sync settings.. it earlier was "based on usage" bt i changed to "hourly"..

rvillanu77

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I guess the update was received 2-3 days prior.. yes m able to change the sync settings.. it earlier was "based on usage" bt i changed to "hourly"..

And have you checked that after changing to "hourly", the sync still works fine?
My problem is that when I change any setting, it stops syncing...

Gerard_LTA_AR

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

Hi! I Solved the problem with an email redirection from Gmail to Microsoft account, outlook app work fine with Microsoft account. Sorry for my inglish

Sandeep Umralkar

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

Hi all,
Did every thing as given by other members , The issues with me was solved by syncing only the inbox and sent items . I used to sync the labels as well but the sync used to stop . So as a work around I synced the Inbox for 3 months and Sent items on a fresh account on both my home laptop and office PC and let assure you it works this way till Microsoft gives a solution which doesn't look to be there at least in the near future.

rgds
Sandeep Umralkar

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

And have you checked that after changing to "hourly", the sync still works fine?
My problem is that when I change any setting, it stops syncing...
:amaze::amaze: Actually Yes.. I changed the settings and it stopped syncing the mails.. I had to reconfigure again.. bt for me as long as mails sync i dont need a setting change!!

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

I added my gmail account as 'other account, pop/imap' to bypass this. I can sync properly after changing settings.

It adds it as an IMAP account, so no calendar and whatnot, but i didn't use gmail calendar anyways so it actually ends up better for me..

You may need to change the security setting on your gmail account if you haven't done so already:
https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255?hl=en

rvillanu77

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

It seems it have been solved in the last build 10512 since my mail syncs properly after upgrading...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss