Should I install W10 preview?

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
woooop i fineally made the jump and went and bought a new Microsoft 640! :D not just that i also got my partner to switch as well so i bought a 930 too :D i was just wondering what would you guys say to installing Windows10 on both devices? :)

andy-hcn

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: advice please :)

First of all congrats for the new phone :)
As you are a new users of Microsoft mobile device I recommend not to install w10m as it still buggy
Hope you enjoy your L640 and L930 !
Peace ^^

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Yah, don't install it now. Enjoy the experience of 8.1. Once your feet is in the water, you can upgrade to newer builds. The experience on 10 is still not on par with 8.1 so you will get the wrong impression if you use it now and you will be frustrated.

BryceMD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

There's pros to both sides. 8.1 is obviously the more stable OS, but also if you jump into Win10 mobile now you have that time to actually get used to it. Especially for someone who is just getting on board with Windows Phone... getting used to a brand new UI just to upgrade in a few weeks/months to a similar, but still quite new experience might be a little annoying.

To be honest, I would jump in with Win10 build, especially considering the is a new build on the horizon promising to be even more stable. I actually did the same thing and convinced my partner to jump on the Windows Phone bandwagon from android. She got a 640xl and I promptly put Win10 10166 on it. She's encountered a few issues here and there, mostly with the photos app being somewhat buggy. But overall she's enjoying it.

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Considering that the new build on the horizon (possibly next week), waiting for that one will save some upgrade time and hassle.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Wait for the next build and the feedback on here. 10166 isn't great for a daily driver. Although it looks great and there are some decent apps, if you use your phone a lot you will get fed up of the bugs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo