How do I undo the "reconfiguring" done by the Insider app on my Lumia 830?

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I'm using a Lumia 620 and a brand new Lumia 830. I tried W10M on my L620 and it worked quite well, but given the low memory of the phone, I decided to give W10M a go on my new L830.

So I installed the Windows Insider app, logged into my Insider account, did all the steps to install W10M up until the app reconfigures my device (still in WP8.1) so that after my L830 has restarted, it gets the update prompt for W10M build 10166.

However, I decided NOT to proceed with my initial plan. I uninstalled the Insider app from my phone and did a soft reset (my L830 is still on WP8.1). My question is, is there anyway to undo the "reconfiguration" that was done by the Insider app? I kinda feel annoyed at the constant reminder that there is an update available (the W10M update). Also, I recently found out that the WP8.1 Update 2 has recently been made available in my country and I would like to grab that update, but I can't "check for updates" since there is already an update waiting (the W10M update).

Any help will be much appreciated.

P/S: To the moderators, I posted a similar post in the W10M sub-forum. I didn't know there was a "Ask a Question" section as this is my first time posting in the forums (just registered). I'm very sorry for the double posts >.<

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Only a hard reset or Windows Phone Recovery Tool will clear the queued download. Also on my L930 after ignoring the update, it installed itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12