Build 10512 Thread

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site
having issues with the camera! doesn't rotate, using shutter button doesn't activate properly. I just had a camera view with no buttons. and focus not great either!

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Question on hard resets. Been a while since I did one before yesterday. Is there a way to restore your bookmarked sites? I thought it would get them back automatically, but the Edge browser shows nothing in my favorites. Anyway to get those back?

chevypad

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if they plan on bringing back Data Sense?

Or, since I don't have a SIM in my test phone, does anyone know if the "Data Usage" setting has a "Set Limit" feature when a SIM is activated?

I don't need the app, what I do want is the "Set Limit" feature from Data Sense, the "Limit Image Quality" feature from IE, and the iOS (and I assume Android) "Toggle if an app can access cellular data" feature.

YapWH

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
It's working great om my 535 as a daily driver and I've not had to do a hard reset.......yet

How long did it take for you to install the upgrade? And were there any issues with WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. I faced those problems in the 10166 build, which made me rollback to 8.1. Thanks

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I would like some answers from those of you guys that are rocking a 930 and have updated to 10512.

1. How is the the Outlook mail app with a Gmail account?

2. How are the camera performance and image quality? On a previous build I noticed that photos had way too much noise and the camera app was slow to use. Is picture quality similar to 8.1?

3. What about battery life? Any sudden discharges or overheating?

4. I currently rely on Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, 6tag, Tweetium and the built in messaging. How are these on build 10512? Any problems?

Thanks in advance!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Rolled back to Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 1520. Constant hang ups, freezing, reboots. Cortana not working, Microsoft Health keeps crashing. Bluetooth unstable. Installed as update and as fresh. Issues remained the same. Let's hope all of these issues, or most of them get worked out before this goes RTM.

jailive

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
How much do you prefer this build over 10166? i am at the moment on 8.1 with my lumia 1320 do you think it will be good to install this build?

Yes the present build looks more stable.
Store downloads don't face any problem. Only thing is at times Store app gets crashed. But works fine when opened again.
Previously installed apps like Word/Excel when opened goes to store directly and gets installed again. No errors. All works after that.
Most importantly the freezing of touch screen which used to happen at least once a day is now not there for the whole day today.

I didn't like the lock screen though which shows the background image in centered mode and not Fill mode.
Glance screen is missing in Extras. You have to go to store listing and then re-download. It will prompt for a soft restart.
Another thing I see is some tiles go Blank without icons. But works correctly after sometime. Wondering what exactly is the issue in that.

From 8.1 your upgrade will be to 10166 and then to 10512. So you need more time to be spent on the installation part.
Battery consumption is huge during download and installation process, so always keep it full charged and plugged-in. Else it will stay in charging mode and not get installed, till the required charge is available on mobile.

TRSGTX

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have a L1320: 10166 was not that nice/stable. 10512 is far better. I did not notice overheating on 10166...so I don't know. I have no overheating issues with 10512

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have 2 problems on my 1520.
1. can't set a custom ringtone
2. no sound notification for text messages
I did a hard reset, but nothing helps.
In the last build there was a problem with ringtone genre becoming blank.
Look at your ringtone genre, if it is blank make it ringtone. Put it in the ringtone directory on your phone.
This should fix it. Don't know about notification sound.

alfredyeap

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Guys,
i am on 920, WP8.1.
When I check for update, all i get is 10166. Is it a must to get on this one before i can get 10512?
Or do you know of anyway that I can get to 10512 straight?

I have uninstalled Windows Insider and reinstalled it, it does not help.

Many thanks.

** i found out - there is no way to upgrade directly from 8.1 to 10512. **
Thanks anyway.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So far after a day, Some apps it cant find, I am STILL installing apps (This normally takes a few hours, I let it go over night and it still has 35 apps to install, about 1/2 of them). I have already seen a lot of bugs, but, my list is not done yet.

Random apps are not working, The Pebble Notifcations app all of sudden stopped working (this needs to be sideloaded), so I try to open it gives an option "There is a problem with this app" with the option to Uninstall or Buy, Click buy and nothing happens. And we know what happens if you select uninstall...

I'll reinstall it now...crap.. with out this 1 app working, I will need to roll back to 8.1...

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Another small hiccup. In Settings I tapped on an item, let's say System. It played the animation of being pressed, but did not go inside. I got an idea to close any suspended apps, Settings was among them. After I did this, Settings started working again.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Cortana just hangs....Wow, 2000 fixes ? Where ?

Sure, its better tan 10166 in parts but wow stull a buggy mess, tiles don't always update, the Store pinned tile just shows a blank tile, open the store and your greeted with a blue-screen for about 20 seconds before the store opens. Oh, and this just getting started...

Sameer Parihar

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Amen...
I just started Operation 2 of Tiny Troopers 2.
I'll loose it all.
:(
Not to mention that NONE of the Square-Enix games support cloud saves.
That's the only reason I have started playing Final Fantasy III, yet.
I know I'll hard-reset before the game is done.
JJ
I was far into Hitman Go and hard reset.... :( There went all my progress. Cloud backups should be mandatory, it would save a lot of us a huge amount of trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss