09-13-2015 09:18 AM
657 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Anyone else having issues with the call/sms filter in this build? It was working in 10166 even though it wouldn't show the numbers in the blocked list setting. you could block a number and then press and hold over the number and it would indicate it was blocked. In this build, there is no indication anymore that a number is blocked.
    08-13-2015 07:22 PM
    Anyone else having issues with the call/sms filter in this build? It was working in 10166 even though it wouldn't show the numbers in the blocked list setting. you could block a number and then press and hold over the number and it would indicate it was blocked. In this build, there is no indication anymore that a number is blocked.
    Have you tried to open the call+filter app??? Just check once or check whether it needs an update. As I was working for me in 10166 build and also in the new build too.

I just have a quick question. Did you hard rest the phone once u updated to latest build????
    08-13-2015 09:22 PM
    the stores already sighned into its downloaded some but the 19 others its not :/
    Hello, what error actually you getting and which Lumia model you have. I too had such error while updating my app in 10166, then I reverted back to wp8.1 updated latest software and also downloaded all the apps which I was using the most and also updating them. Once it was done I enrolled in windows insider program again.

Once I was in the TP I didn't do any hard rest as that helped to update the apps through store and also my phone is working very smoothly.
    08-13-2015 09:27 PM
    So far working fine on my 535. Installed it while i was sleeping, woke up and it was already windows 10 and all apps updated.

Some apps needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled to make it work fine.

Haven't performed a hard reset as of now, will monitor and see for a few days before deciding.

Battery life is so far so good, even with WiFi on and Bluetooth.

Bluetooth is fast.

And to those grumbling, THIS IS A PREVIEW BUILD for the love of God. Obviously there's gonna be bugs, lags, hangs, crashes and a whole lotta other whatnots. This is why Microsoft release a Preview Build, because it needs us to test, use and experience the software and give them feedback as we go and as problems arise so that they may take note of it.

So, rather than grumbling and cussing away here, leave some feedback in the Windows Feedback app.

And if you cant stand these type of bugs, then DONT install the PREVIEW.

Just my two cents worth.....
    Cree Ray likes this.
    08-13-2015 09:49 PM
    Yes, I did a clean install without restore after upgrading to the new build. Yes, I did check the app. the app was useless in the previous build as it is now. The app has not shown blocked numbers in the last two builds including 10512 now. in the previous build, I could block a number in the call history menu and It would then ask me if I wanted to unblock it on the drop down menu after holding my finger on the number, even if the app didn't show it on the list. Now, it doesn't show on the drop down menu as being blocked. Its definitely a bug, showing less functionality than in the previous build, I'm just wondering if anyone else is noticing this.
    08-13-2015 10:44 PM
    The build shows its downloading. But its continuously stuck at 0%.

Any solutions?
    08-14-2015 02:08 AM

Any solutions?
    Give it time, sometimes it looks like % freezes, but it's actually downloading and will jump soon.
    08-14-2015 03:36 AM
    windows 10 mobile 10512 download stuck on 0% on lumia 630. I don't know what to do?
    Store not even downloading apps too. Any fix?
    08-14-2015 04:09 AM
    Hello, what error actually you getting and which Lumia model you have. I too had such error while updating my app in 10166, then I reverted back to wp8.1 updated latest software and also downloaded all the apps which I was using the most and also updating them. Once it was done I enrolled in windows insider program again.

Once I was in the TP I didn't do any hard rest as that helped to update the apps through store and also my phone is working very smoothly.
    hey and its the one were the store wont let u update apps i had to revert back to 8.1 because the apps that were not downloading was the main features of the phone its self trying the build again so ill let you know this time im not gunna hard reset see what that does
    08-14-2015 04:30 AM
    windows 10 mobile 10512 download stuck on 0% on lumia 630. I don't know what to do?
    Store not even downloading apps too. Any fix?
    Mine was stuck at 26% for over a couple of hours. I restarted my phone and the download failed. I restarted the download again and yet again it got stuck at 26%...this time i let it sit for 6 hours but it didnt work out. I restarted it again and voila...preparing to install. If its stuck for too long...just be patient or u can take the risk of restarting your phone. Gud luck:)
    08-14-2015 05:05 AM
    guys so ive updated but not to this build i hevnt done a clean install and all my apps have downloaded should i upgrade to this build with out a clean install??
    Raunak Bagri likes this.
    08-14-2015 05:31 AM
    I would always update if I were you. This build is far less buggy then 10166.
    Raunak Bagri likes this.
    08-14-2015 06:20 AM
    My lumia 1520 doesn't show this new build to download. Stuck with 10166. Anyone?
    08-14-2015 06:26 AM
    My lumia 1520 doesn't show this new build to download. Stuck with 10166. Anyone?
    Update windows insider app Tp latest version and hit the get preview builds and go for fast ring. Check phone updates - you should have one on your screen in progress (based on your setting)
    08-14-2015 06:35 AM

Any solutions?
    The download took ages for me - and it was stuck on 0% for about an hour or so before springing to life. This one is a lengthy download/install so bear with it amigo!
    08-14-2015 07:41 AM
    Well, I have to say that the battery life has been sensitively improved. I would not dare to say it has arrived "up there" with the 8.1 as someone has said before, but it doesn't drain as used to do on 10166.

About the Android Apps subject... Everything seems to reveal that there has been a big misunderstood. An user has pointed to me yesterday that is on pre-alpha phase, and now DavidinCT has reported errors related to it, which means he HAS tested it. Anyone who can explain it?
    08-14-2015 07:54 AM
    Has anybody in the non-Cortana-supported regions got her to work yet?
    08-14-2015 08:08 AM
    .... But posts such as "How could they release the preview broken and without feature XYZ? I need it! Microsoft sux!!!!!" really tick me off. It's freakin' pre-release software you dolts. It's fine line between expressing frustration and whining....
    Maybe because we just came out of the W10 testing (PC version) where a lot of us said/reported from the beginning "the tablet mode is crap" (while the rest, not complaining, said "no worries this is just beta") and then it was released with a tablet mode that IS crap (in the OS and in EDGE).

So, we DO worry (and whine...) just to get the message sent without any confusion :-)
    08-14-2015 08:16 AM
    Well, I have to say that the battery life has been sensitively improved. I would not dare to say it has arrived "up there" with the 8.1 as someone has said before, but it doesn't drain as used to do on 10166.

About the Android Apps subject... Everything seems to reveal that there has been a big misunderstood. An user has pointed to me yesterday that is on pre-alpha phase, and now DavidinCT has reported errors related to it, which means he HAS tested it. Anyone who can explain it?
    Battery life is better, no question, 8.1 better, cant say that at this point, need to live with it for a week or so once the novelty of playing with the OS wears off a little and then I will know for sure.

As for Android apps, don't ask for a link to any tool or where to get an android files or even how to set it up, its a BIG NO NO here. It works sort of but, very buggy at this point. Getting network access on Android apps is hit or miss. If you need to use a camera, blue-tooth etc forget it (leaves out deposits on banking apps) forget about that... and if it needs google services, it leaves those out too at this point. Other apps just don't work at all.

It really is a hit or miss right now.

Here's the old thread about it (locked because people could not decide what was legal to talk about or not, dam policies)
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ls-leaked.html
    Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-14-2015 at 10:41 AM.
    kamylasg likes this.
    08-14-2015 08:23 AM
    Not loving this build. Sure it's lots better in may ways that 10166, but one of my must haves is a functional Cortana over Bluetooth in my car. While it does notify me of Text messages and reads them to me, I am not able to respond to them as I can in 8.1. I get a Cannot connect to the Internet Right now. Same with calling up Cortana to write a message or dial a number. All things I can do on 8.1. Sure, I like the new look and UI, but it' still too much a beta for my daily driver. It's staying on my backup Icon for now. Going back to my Primary Icon with 8.1 until the next preview build is released!

I found that the Mobile Data setting was set to OFF by default and the only time my Icon would connect to the internet was when I was at home connected to WiFi! So Texts would come in through my phones network connection, but Cortana couldn't connect to the internet to process requests to reply and send texts, etc. I'm hoping by turning on the Mobile Data setting it will now work. After 24 hours I'm beginning to like this build. I just may keep this as my Daily Driver!
    08-14-2015 08:28 AM
    May I have a request here, please send feedback or up-vote for on screen (without using hardware volume keys) volume control in Groove and Movies & TV.
    gabi tanase likes this.
    08-14-2015 08:37 AM
    Another annoyance here is Apps, There are a list of apps and games that are claimed incompatible, so about 6-7 Xbox games that I OWN wont install and some Apps, like Team Viewer (that I use all the time) does not even show up in the store so I can download it again. One or 2 of these incompatible apps, I have the XAPs for an sideloaded them, no issues at all with them WTF ?

I'll see how long I can live with out Team Viewer but, it might be that ONE app that makes me roll back. Crap, always something isn't it ?
    kamylasg likes this.
    08-14-2015 08:55 AM
    They fixed the 8.1 animated app bars somewhat, but I can't set a pin and have it stay.
    08-14-2015 08:59 AM
    Another annoyance here is Apps, There are a list of apps and games that are claimed incompatible, so about 6-7 Xbox games that I OWN wont install and some Apps, like Team Viewer (that I use all the time) does not even show up in the store so I can download it again. One or 2 of these incompatible apps, I have the XAPs for an sideloaded them, no issues at all with them WTF ?

I'll see how long I can live with out Team Viewer but, it might be that ONE app that makes me roll back. Crap, always something isn't it ?
    Try scanning the QR code from this website with your phone: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mobile-app.aspx
    DavidinCT likes this.
    08-14-2015 08:59 AM
    Thanks for clearing the issue, DavidinCT.

I almost forget: besides of Cortana working for spanish-spekaing lands, also the dictation functions has reappeared (it was there on build 10149 but informed "Something went wrong" when was touched). On this build works flawlessly, even on third-party apps (Twitter, WhatsApp).
    DavidinCT likes this.
    08-14-2015 09:05 AM
657 ... 1011121314 ...