09-13-2015 09:18 AM
657 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Works fine on my 830 and 920 but I get the same error as you on my 640 :/
    08-18-2015 10:16 PM
    Are you guys able to hear your notifications? My text are like non audible since this past update.
    me too, have a same problem. :(
    08-18-2015 10:20 PM
    Having a weird text issue. Has been working fine. Today i tried opening messages all I saw was a blank history log. Tried texting and it would just sit after hitting the send button. After that it is stuck. Then after force closing and trying to reopen I see old messages but they won't open or it just loops on resuming and closes. No matter what I cant send or receive messages. Soft reboot won't fix it.
    08-19-2015 01:11 AM
    I think my band notifications are working better than the phone notifications on my 640.
    I can't even install this build on my 640XL to use my band so I am stuck still on Windows 8.1,.
    Joshua Emperador likes this.
    08-19-2015 02:28 AM
    me too, have a same problem. :(
    Yes its bug in this build n i fixed it by turning on banners.. Check ur messagea notifications settings and turn on the banners . Thn sound can be heard of incoming messages
    08-19-2015 03:09 AM
    Long press home button will split the screen into two, only bottom part is working.

Is this a feature or a bug?
    08-19-2015 05:21 AM
    That is a feature so that you use phone with one hand
    Sherif Hafez likes this.
    08-19-2015 05:27 AM
    So far in this new build the only "issue" that bothers me a bit its a slight delay on the lock screen, it takes a while to show the date and time when you press the power button.

Lumia 640XL non LTE
    08-19-2015 05:57 AM
    for me i cant download apps from the store over WIFI,please help.i tried all,disabling mobile data,disabling lockscreen,etc and the wifi is pretty good
    08-19-2015 06:11 AM
    Are you guys able to hear your notifications? My text are like non audible since this past update.
    I don't even get notifications for texts (no sound, no toast, doesn't appear in the notification centre), only cue, that I've got a new text is the number on the live tile. Other notifications, like skype, 6tag, facebook ar fine (toasts, noises and everything)
    08-19-2015 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by xrs22 View Post
    I don't even get notifications for texts (no sound, no toast, doesn't appear in the notification centre), only cue, that I've got a new text is the number on the live tile. Other notifications, like skype, 6tag, facebook ar fine (toasts, noises and everything)

if u unmarked the system sounds under SOUNDS then most things go silent
    08-19-2015 06:17 AM
    Well, I'm out! Things that made it difficult to stay with 10512 on my 1520:

- 'loading...' bug on start,
    - alarms sometimes not going off
    - maps app breaking during an update, can't fix it
    - email swipe actions resetting about once a week
    - email tiles going to the wrong account once in a while
    - the lack of glance screen settings
    - the 1-2 second delay between hitting power and seeing the lock screen
    - camera app from lock screen sometimes refusing to work in landscape

I'm kind of fed up with hard resets, so I'm back on my backup Android phone. The shame! :(
    i feel ur pain mate.i too am considering a phone that works.i no this is a preview but so far they fix this break that...
    but il stick around for the final preview to see if its worth it.then decide from there.i hope MS checks out how many ppl love it and how many its about to lose
    08-19-2015 06:31 AM
    anybody with MS Band can comment on how it is working with the new build? I had to go back to 8.1 from 10166 because of too many missing notifications. Wonder if this was part of the 2000 fixes.
    thanks
    Still hit and miss but more HIT than miss...it also may be the last Band firmware, as my wife on 8.1 is reporting quirky issues with notification and Bluetooth.
    08-19-2015 07:37 AM
    Well, I'm out! Things that made it difficult to stay with 10512 on my 1520:

- 'loading...' bug on start,
    - alarms sometimes not going off
    - maps app breaking during an update, can't fix it
    - email swipe actions resetting about once a week
    - email tiles going to the wrong account once in a while
    - the lack of glance screen settings
    - the 1-2 second delay between hitting power and seeing the lock screen
    - camera app from lock screen sometimes refusing to work in landscape

I'm kind of fed up with hard resets, so I'm back on my backup Android phone. The shame! :(
    Well, I wouldn't be as drastic as going to an Android but I may use the Lumia tool and go back to 8.1 on my Lumia ICON...batter life is just insanely bad...example...took it off charger about 2 hours ago, with little use, already down to 80%...I've tried turning off a lot of stuff and still poor batter life just USING the phone...side note, battery life is a problem also on my Surface Pro 3 and Dell Venue Pro 8.
    08-19-2015 07:43 AM
    anybody with MS Band can comment on how it is working with the new build? I had to go back to 8.1 from 10166 because of too many missing notifications. Wonder if this was part of the 2000 fixes.
    thanks
    Overall, I think 10512 is working much better with the Band then on 10166. I am getting notifications for both my email accounts, texts.
    08-19-2015 07:47 AM
    My outlook account won't stop syncing. All started yesterday when i had to delete and re-add my Gmail account since I couldn't find a way to change it's password ANYWHERE. Seems to affect all my texts too. Can't get it too stop since you can't delete that account or the app.
    08-19-2015 08:11 AM
    Overall, I think 10512 is working much better with the Band then on 10166. I am getting notifications for both my email accounts, texts.
    Cortana still can't be called from the band. The demo videos of the exercises force close the health app. Syncing seems to just take a bit longer. But, I do get more notifications now than I did. I find some weird things though, like, email notifications are displayed under email and under the notification center.
    08-19-2015 08:18 AM
    All of a sudden text message notifications started working :D weird :D

EDIT: Or not... A friend sent an SMS and there was the tone and a notification. After that I tried to send myself a message from one of those online SMS sending sites, I got the message, but again no sound or notification.
    Last edited by shadow118; 08-19-2015 at 08:50 AM.
    08-19-2015 08:31 AM
    can anyone else confirm or deny this:
    when I have calendar reminders and there is a notice that needs to be dismissed, all the sounds seem to be suppressed until I dismiss the calendar reminder.
    after i dismiss the calendar reminder, it get what appears to be the qued up sound notifications for email/txt/other reminders since the first calendar reminder was displayed.
    Running 10512 on Lumia 928. No Sim installed at the time since I am testing out W10M for now.
    08-19-2015 12:46 PM
    On my Lumia 532 DS I'm having the blank screen issue, even after hard reset. After some time in the suspended state the screen blanks out and never turns back on again. I have to force a soft reset via the Vol - and Power buttons to get back to the system.
    Do you mean after an unlock? I've experienced this twice, requiring a soft reset. Swipe to unlock, then just a blank screen, except for the icons at the top for volume, etc. Physical buttons not responsive, start button, etc. not responsive. Not even vibration from pressing them. One time I left it a couple minutes and mashed a few things... swiped down, hit the camera button a few times, and finally, I got my PIN pad. Other time though, soft reset.
    08-19-2015 12:50 PM
    having issues with the camera! doesn't rotate, using shutter button doesn't activate properly. I just had a camera view with no buttons. and focus not great either!
    I have had this issue too. I've found trying the other camera apps my only solution so far. (Lumia Camera, Lumia Camera Beta, etc.)
    08-19-2015 12:52 PM
    Support for SSTP-VPN is missing again though it has been there in an earlier build. WTF was MS doing the last months?
    I know, right? It's almost like this was pre-release software or something and features come and go! If only they made a program that you had to register for to sign up for and install these builds, rather than just forcing them on us!
    08-19-2015 12:56 PM
    Cortana just hangs....Wow, 2000 fixes ? Where ?

Sure, its better tan 10166 in parts but wow stull a buggy mess, tiles don't always update, the Store pinned tile just shows a blank tile, open the store and your greeted with a blue-screen for about 20 seconds before the store opens. Oh, and this just getting started...
    You're going to see a lot of one-off issues. I think it's important to realize that unless it's in the release notes, it's something unusual and not the norm. The Start Screen Loading loop is hitting a lot of people, but beyond that, we're seeing lots of random issues on certain systems. Your Cortana issue, for example. If it happened on all phones, I highly doubt the build would be released.

Are you posting feedback using the feedback app, or just posting here? Your one-off issues are important, and they need to be aware of them, but you also need to understand that it's pre-release software but even as such, some people will see really rare issues that aren't the norm and not indicative of the build quality as a whole.
    08-19-2015 01:02 PM
    I don't get people like you. This is an insider preview, not a public preview, and even if it was a public preview - which it is not - it remains a PREVIEW. By participating in this preview program you have went into a agreement with Microsoft that they are allowed to use your device to test their buggy software, for which you get to be the first to use the new software. Now you complain about the agreement to which you signed your name??
    Amen.
    08-19-2015 01:05 PM
    As a refined system and feature locked, I would expect it a lot more refined and a lot of the bigger features to be addressed or at least working for the most part, like Cortana ? At this point ?
    Because a product is feature locked does not mean that major subsystems cannot be completely rewritten. The goal is more efficiency, more stability, but the short-term side effect can be bugs and crashes. It doesn't mean that they're doing anything wrong. Now is the perfect time for these things to happen, rather than after the OS is RTM.

We signed up for this. We shouldn't be surprised when something that worked before suddenly doesn't, or is missing entirely. If it's not something we like, we can roll back to WP8.1. The process is simple.

I think it's important to post experiences here, and even more important to use the Feedback app. But ******** about them isn't going to magically fix the problem and only makes it sound like you just blindly clicked through the Insider program, expecting a polished W10M build, just months before anyone else.
    Aeosgames and jdballard like this.
    08-19-2015 01:12 PM
657 ... 1617181920 ...