Build 10512 Thread

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else seeing app descriptions in the store in Arabic(?)? Some apps are fine, but some showed descripion in arabic, like Messenger or Windows Insider. I'm from Latvia and that's what's set in the region/language etc/ settings, so why do apps made by Facebook and Microsoft would show that? Installed on the phone they are English, so it's not that bad.
Also, in the maps app, pinch to zoom doesn't work :(

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else not getting notifications for like text messages? Cause we all limited to default tones that you can't really hear.

Same here and You are right about the default tone's volume.. I have to keep the phone volume at 10 then only I am able to hear any notification sound to some extent.

PolishHitta

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Since the build had some time to settle in the devices, does anyone know how is the battery lifespan on Lumia Icon or 930? Any better than the previous build?

Robinsonmac

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I must be very lucky because I have had success with the last two builds on my icon. This build for me is better than 10166 was after a week. Well see after a couple weeks. There last build started to get worse after about four weeks. Battery life is better than last build but not on par with 8.1. No over heating issues so far.

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Anybody else not getting notifications for like text messages? Cause we all limited to default tones that you can't really hear.
Had this too at first. Couldn't adjust settings in the notification centre too, because the message app wasn't shown there. But I found that after recieving a text message and a reboot (simply turning off and on) the messaging app suddenly appeared in the notification centre settings and so I was able to change the tone etc.

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
So far on my Lumia 735 the battery life is slightly less than on 8.1, but not much. I guess 5%. Did a reset after installing this build, helped a lot. Some settings and apps aren't shown and installed at first, rebooting helps. Now everything works fine and only the lag on the lockscreen is a bit of a drama. No problems with alarm resetting overnight etc., like I read elsewhere.

By the way: this is my second try at 10512. With the first try I did one reset too many apparently, corrupted my phone. Couldn't make the grinding gears process finish, phone kept restarting during that. Could only get it in flash mode (lightning bolt plus gear) and had to use a tutorial at XDA to flash a rom on my phone as the official recovery tool didn't work (couldn't detect my phone anymore because it didn't get past the Nokia screen). Not to scare anyone, but just saying: be careful with all the resets.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Giving W10M a second try, after the first one resulted in not being able to install some apps a few weeks ago.

My new major complaint is e-mail. That they threw it all together is disgustingly bothersome. I now have to take 3 times as many steps to get to my e-mail, and I hate it. What a bunch of crap.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Since the build had some time to settle in the devices, does anyone know how is the battery lifespan on Lumia Icon or 930? Any better than the previous build?

ICON here on 10512 and was on 10166 for a few days. Battery is WORLDS better than it was on 10512 but, still not as close as 8.1.... but, it is better...

On 10166 it took me 3 days with the battery life to roll back, on 10512, I plan on keeping it so far..

seb_r

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Regarding a big jump in build number and the amount of time it took to push out this build I have to say, after a few days of testing: disappointing, one step forward and one step back. Many issues from the prvious build still persist: "loading ..." startscreen, buggy store (reinstalling and updating apps over and over, wrong languages), no glance background, quiet hours messed up plus all those officially mentioned known issues. And yes, I did a hard reset.
For those being on the previous build already I would say it is safe to update but mind the known issues.
Those who on 8.1: stick with it. No joy to use it.
I expect RTM status by the end of 2018 :grin:

airyblue

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
did someone noticed when the battery is empty instead Goodbye you get different messages now
my battery died now and it said Dont forget .... has a birthday today

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know, WhatsApp's never allowed to install its app on SD card, at least I couldn't neither on 8.1

I know that.. What exact problem I have is that when storage settlings are to install apps on "sd card" apps like WhatsApp don't install at all.. So I have to change my storage settings apps to be installed in "phone memory instead of sd card" and download WhatsApp again.. Is it for me or for everyone? Its really annoying 😠

Edit: Cannot change the text size of whatsapp too :(

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Nothing.
How long has it been? I recall my update stayed at zero for what seemed like a long time (15 - 20 minutes). It took 90 minutes from start to finish to upgrade from 10166 to 10512 on my 640. Tack on an additional 30 for the hard reset.

I am trying to upgrade to build 10512 on my 640XL but every time I download build 10512 it says:

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later.

Error code: (0x80070003).

I tried a hard reset and trying again - same result.

How can I fix this?

Thanks - Ian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney