09-13-2015 09:18 AM
657 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Like others, I cannot get my photos to automatically upload to OneDrive either with this build. The OneDrive setting is turned on, but photos I have have taken last night or today do not appear in any OneDrive folder, such as the previous default "SkyDrive Camera Roll" folder.
    Do they show as pending? I believe you open the OneDrive app, tap the hamburger button, and there is an option to see what files are transferring or queued for transfer. I've had issues in the past where I had photos just hanging there, and I had to tap-hold to retry.
    08-19-2015 01:21 PM
    Maybe because we just came out of the W10 testing (PC version) where a lot of us said/reported from the beginning "the tablet mode is crap" (while the rest, not complaining, said "no worries this is just beta") and then it was released with a tablet mode that IS crap (in the OS and in EDGE).
    While this deviates slightly from the topic of this thread, I'll go out on a limb and state that I actually like tablet mode on W10. Those who enjoy something rarely say so, giving the unfair impression that a particular thing is crap, since only those who dislike it voice their opinion, in general.
    Aeosgames likes this.
    08-19-2015 01:42 PM
    I had TeamViewer on 8.1 and it is still working on 10. Tapatalk was not working after update so installed Tapatalk Classic, Instagram is an other app that isn't working, haven't found any workaround for it.
    I've had that issue with Tapatalk (non-classic) since Build 10149. With Build 10512, I read that Tapatalk (non-classic) was working, and gave it a whirl. It seems to be for me now. I'm curious what was breaking it, and if it's still affecting a small number of users?
    08-19-2015 01:52 PM
    I have a Lumia icon.
    When I upgraded from
    10166to 10512, my flash stopped working.
    I could have dropped it, but it seems coincidental.
    Anyone what experience that?
    You dropped it or you didn't. :)

Have you tried other camera apps? Flashlight apps?
    08-19-2015 02:02 PM
    I don't understand how they didn't fix it when Microsoft said that it fixed over 2000 bugs from 10166.... Liars!!!
    I'm certain that W10M has more than 2,000 bugs. They can only fix so many between builds. People are already ******** that it's too long between builds.
    08-19-2015 02:08 PM
    Anybody else not getting notifications for like text messages? Cause we all limited to default tones that you can't really hear.
    Did you check out the Notifications in Settings? That is where you can select the different tones for different notifications.
    Aeosgames likes this.
    08-19-2015 02:09 PM
    Giving W10M a second try, after the first one resulted in not being able to install some apps a few weeks ago.

My new major complaint is e-mail. That they threw it all together is disgustingly bothersome. I now have to take 3 times as many steps to get to my e-mail, and I hate it. What a bunch of crap.
    I understand wanting to release the Outlook app, but what frustrates me is that the old email client was removed. I suppose their hope is that forcing people to use it will result in more bugs being discovered. The problem is that Outlook updates are coming, yet don't seem to really address some of the biggest concerns.
    08-19-2015 02:40 PM
    did someone noticed when the battery is empty instead Goodbye you get different messages now
    my battery died now and it said Dont forget .... has a birthday today
    I believe that was added in Build 10149, but it might have been earlier.
    08-19-2015 02:42 PM
    hate the fact that the lumia camera has gone in this update!

Lumia 1020
    Are you able to pull up your app purchase history and download it there? Store, hamburger menu, My Library, apps.
    08-19-2015 02:43 PM
    I think my band notifications are working better than the phone notifications on my 640.
    I find my Band notifications are working too well in Build 10512. :) I receive notifications for texts all the time, then when I open Messaging in W10M and view a text, it appears again on my Band. :) Though that's a big improvement over 10166, where I wasn't getting any notifications.
    Carl Anderson likes this.
    08-19-2015 02:46 PM
    Did anyone get the APK to W10M working with this build? On my lumia 640 continually getting Error 14.
    A couple people have mentioned earlier in this thread that APKs work, though as with earlier builds, your mileage may vary. Some apps work, some don't. But nothing in this build that specifically breaks them.
    08-19-2015 02:47 PM
    i feel ur pain mate.i too am considering a phone that works.i no this is a preview but so far they fix this break that...
    but il stick around for the final preview to see if its worth it.then decide from there.i hope MS checks out how many ppl love it and how many its about to lose
    A phone that works? Can't you roll back to Windows Phone 8.1? As for "how many its about to lose?" Well, yeah, if this was a final release, but it's not. Please, please, PLEASE tell me you don't honestly expect Microsoft is about to just slap a coat of paint on this and push it out the door as W10M RTM?
    shadow118 likes this.
    08-19-2015 02:49 PM
    So does that mean the 640 just doesn't run them? cause its a brand new 640. @Thallanor
    08-19-2015 04:24 PM
    I find my Band notifications are working too well in Build 10512. :) I receive notifications for texts all the time, then when I open Messaging in W10M and view a text, it appears again on my Band. :) Though that's a big improvement over 10166, where I wasn't getting any notifications.
    Band notifications are better in this build...I do some times get two for the same one...
    08-19-2015 04:39 PM
    True. That happens to me too.
    08-19-2015 06:19 PM
    While this deviates slightly from the topic of this thread, I'll go out on a limb and state that I actually like tablet mode on W10.
    I absolutely agree. I don't mind the taskbar being there all the time. In fact, I actually like it there.
    08-19-2015 06:24 PM
    As I am using a Pebble with the Pebble Notifications app, Notifications are over all pretty good (did not work at all on 10166 besides delayed email), some times it's random, where I wont see a notification for a while and all of a sudden there will be a flood of them.

Sometime even Cortana does not go off that I had a new Text and it's already caused issues with my wife :-\

Most of the time, it's pretty dead on so far I am happy with it...

I almost want to say besides the battery life on this(about 65-75% of what 8.1 was) this build is better than the release of Windows 10 (RTM day release of 10240) for the PC.

A couple people have mentioned earlier in this thread that APKs work, though as with earlier builds, your mileage may vary. Some apps work, some don't. But nothing in this build that specifically breaks them.
    That is so true, tried about 10 different APKs....3 of them work... some load but some issues, others don't do anything besides "loading....."

It really is a hit or miss, there is a spreadsheet in one of the threads that tells working programs but, I cant talk too much about this subjet, it's a heated issue with WC and myself.
    08-19-2015 07:35 PM
    Getting the same error message from last week.
    Lumia 640
    India
    WP 8.1

Can anybody suggest some solution?
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20150820_0002.png  
    08-19-2015 08:23 PM
    I think RTM will take a long time to arrive. The bugs and missing things are no joke.
    08-19-2015 08:42 PM
    thought i would share some experience I had with 10512 on my L920:
    * started out ok, but then start getting the dreaded "loading..." loop intermittently
    * managed to get around it a few times using some of the tricks that have been mentioned (kids corner, feedback tool, camera, waiting, etc)
    * then it persisted and I couldn't get in, no matter what I did.
    * ended up doing a soft-reboot (vol dn + pwr button). this removed all the apps.
    * start screen loaded ok. my suspicion is that some live tiles were causing the issue.
    * removed ALL tiles from my start screen except for Phone
    * now it has been stable (though not a great user experience!). no more "loading ..." loop.
    * slowly adding tiles 1 by 1 every few hours (starting with system tiles - messaging, people, etc)
    * so far so good.
    08-19-2015 08:59 PM
    Yes its bug in this build n i fixed it by turning on banners.. Check ur messagea notifications settings and turn on the banners . Thn sound can be heard of incoming messages
    I've checked all of settings in this build, and I found red sentence like this "Some settings are managed by your organization" in sub menu notifications and actions.
    So I cannot turn on the banners of notifications. Can anyone help to fix this problem? That's so make me a headache :(
    08-19-2015 11:47 PM
    I've installed 10512 on a Lumia 520, a 532, and a 630 Dual Sim. It runs best of all on the 632, a little sluggish on the 520 (and installation failed, requiring a reset to 8.1 first), and it's a mixed bag on the 630, my main phone.

I've had the loading loop on my 630 Dual Sim, even though I'm down to 20 tiles. Got out of it by pressing the search button repeatedly and going back and forth from Cortana to Start until it stopped.

Biggest problem so far is with loading languages - this has happened to all three phones. I had several installed under 8.1 - English (US and UK), German, Polish, and French. Set phone to English US during installation because I want the real Cortana.

But I can't get languages to load unless they are set as the phone language, and keyboards won't load at all. (I can only choose the English US keyboard - so no word suggestions or special characters.) Polish on the 532 says "Attention required" - "The text suggestions update for this keyboard didn't download successfully."

I've received a repeated 0x800700003 error on the 630 for a phone update that I believe to be the language packs - it doesn't say what it is, but it's listed as 10.10512.1000. (The error message in German: "Einige Updatedateien fehlen oder weisen Probleme auf. Wir versuchen, das Update spter erneut herunterzuladen." - Several update files are missing or damaged. We'll try to download the update later.) This took a very long time to do, and was stuck at 0% for most of the time.
    Last edited by Motel75; 08-20-2015 at 02:31 AM.
    08-20-2015 02:20 AM
    Just got an Outlook Mail App update on W10M. Google contact and mail sync works now! And it feels faster and more stable.
    08-20-2015 02:26 AM
    Interesting point . . . will check it out. Right now I get sms notifications randomly, all other notifications work properly.
    08-20-2015 04:32 AM
    Hi guys,

I had a few questions.
    1. If I had the lumia imaging apps like refocus and panorama installed in 8.1 and I upgrade to 10, will they stay or be removed automatically? Or for that matter any app that was available in 8.1 but not in 10. I'm upgrading back to 10 from 8.1 but I've made sure all my apps are there before I jump to 10

2. If your onedrive storage is full, how can you do a backup? My office 365 expired and I'm over by 375GB.

3. I noticed that my gmail emails are found in the outlook app. So where are my outlook emails? If they are in the same place, how can I differentiate them?

4. If your phone has cyan version of 8.1, will it be able to upgrade to WP10 when it actually comes out? My lumia 1020 was on cyan before I did the insider preview

Thank you,

Chintan
    08-20-2015 04:52 AM
657 ... 1718192021 ...