The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-13-2015 09:18 AM
657 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Check for app updates, I have Lumia camera and Lumia selfie after factory reset, Lumia 830 here.
    Well the lumia camera is missing from the 1020/920 as of now, it was mentioned in one of the release notes.
    08-24-2015 04:28 AM
    Can anyone please confirm if Shape Writing / Word Flow trace is working in this build?
    08-24-2015 06:16 AM
    Can anyone please confirm if Shape Writing / Word Flow trace is working in this build?
    Working fine for me.
    08-24-2015 06:51 AM
    Anyone else missing the ability to search SMS messages in this build?
    08-24-2015 09:26 AM
    Any body knows. How to scan QR code in build 10512
    08-24-2015 12:06 PM
    Any body knows. How to scan QR code in build 10512
    Download qr scanner from the store http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=yQVSK_BR
    08-24-2015 12:48 PM
    Push from Store to Phone is not working or?
    08-24-2015 02:04 PM
    For anyone, who needs camera pictures uploaded to the cloud, I suggest try Dropbox. After the update to 10512 Onedrive doesn't want to sync pictures anymore. You can still kinda do it manually, but that's cumbersome in Onedrive (you have to select the pictures in question, then select to share them, pic a folder and hope it works). I decided to try Dropbox. I'm not sure if the photos sync automaticly, but even doing it manually is a lot simpler - just open the app and tap on photos section and it starts syncing. That's it. So if anyone's having problems with that, hope this helps :)

EDIT: They do sync automaticly :)
    Last edited by shadow118; 08-25-2015 at 04:03 AM.
    08-24-2015 04:16 PM
    well i have a lumia 1020, ive roll back to 8.1 then up graded on 166 then 10512, of curse lumia camera is missing, but if you do hard reset(i wont recommend that) youll get it.
    By now my phone is working great , theres a bug in whatsapp you cant use the camera for taking pictures on the chat, also at the music groove app , theres no way you can download music, even that i got a monthly pass paided for that; i had to go to the website and make the downloads , that will sicronize with the phone .. all my pcitures are uploading to OneDrive at the moment i take each one.
    08-24-2015 04:35 PM
    well i have a lumia 1020, ive roll back to 8.1 then up graded on 166 then 10512, of curse lumia camera is missing, but if you do hard reset(i wont recommend that) youll get it.
    By now my phone is working great , theres a bug in whatsapp you cant use the camera for taking pictures on the chat, also at the music groove app , theres no way you can download music, even that i got a monthly pass paided for that; i had to go to the website and make the downloads , that will sicronize with the phone .. all my pcitures are uploading to OneDrive at the moment i take each one.
    You're saying you do a hard reset and Lumia camera is back? On Lumia 1020?
    08-25-2015 12:30 AM
    For anyone, who needs camera pictures uploaded to the cloud, I suggest try Dropbox. After the update to 10512 Onedrive doesn't want to sync pictures anymore. You can still kinda do it manually, but that's cumbersome in Onedrive (you have to select the pictures in question, then select to share them, pic a folder and hope it works). I decided to try Dropbox. I'm not sure if the photos sync autmaticly, but even doing it manually is a lot simpler - just open the app and tap on photos section and it starts syncing. That's it. So if anyone's having problems with that, hope this helps :)
    Why don't you copy them to the laptop and upload from there? Or sync if you like that better. I've always copied my photos and uploadd them via the browser. Onedrive Sync on Lumia has never been attractive for me, takes too long and you have to retry a few times for all photos to go.
    08-25-2015 12:32 AM
    There were updates to Windows camera and photos today.

Photos app can now detect other editing apps and gives you the option to edit photos using these apps. Select icon is at the bottom which is easier but check boxes are smaller.

I don't know what changed in the Windows camera app, still looks the same. No 5+38MP images, no smart sequence feature)

Glitch - photos tile on my screen went missing, can't pin it. Any ideas?

Are there updates for onedrive every day? Or is that a bug? Keep seeing onedrive updates

Chintan
    08-25-2015 12:36 AM
    Please fix Battery meter bug ... very annoying
    08-25-2015 02:04 AM
    Why don't you copy them to the laptop and upload from there? Or sync if you like that better. I've always copied my photos and uploadd them via the browser. Onedrive Sync on Lumia has never been attractive for me, takes too long and you have to retry a few times for all photos to go.
    That defeats the whole purpose (atleast for me). In WP8.1 it synced instantly, didn't have to retry or anything. I took a picture and right away it's there in the folder or your PC, no need to mess with any wires, waiting for the phone to be recognised (usually takes 20-30 seconds), then finding the camera roll folder. The syncing is just a more convinient way of getting your pictures to your computer (again, atleast for me it is)
    ajj3085 likes this.
    08-25-2015 03:18 AM
    That defeats the whole purpose (atleast for me). In WP8.1 it synced instantly, didn't have to retry or anything. I took a picture and right away it's there in the folder or your PC, no need to mess with any wires, waiting for the phone to be recognised (usually takes 20-30 seconds), then finding the camera roll folder. The syncing is just a more convinient way of getting your pictures to your computer (again, atleast for me it is)
    I guess everyone has their own ways of doing things. I tried uploading once over wifi, it took 4 hours to upload 80 photos, after retrying 4-5 times. Uploading the same photos using the same wifi but with my laptop took less than 2 hours with no errors.

You can imagine the battery drain that would happen on the phone for uploading for those number of hours.

Each to his/her own
    08-25-2015 03:35 AM
    I guess everyone has their own ways of doing things. I tried uploading once over wifi, it took 4 hours to upload 80 photos, after retrying 4-5 times. Uploading the same photos using the same wifi but with my laptop took less than 2 hours with no errors.

You can imagine the battery drain that would happen on the phone for uploading for those number of hours.

Each to his/her own
    When I installed dropbox, I had about 100 photos on my phone. It started syncing them, all 100 took maybe 5 minutes. Probably depends on your network speed as well
    08-25-2015 03:47 AM
    When I installed dropbox, I had about 100 photos on my phone. It started syncing them, all 100 took maybe 5 minutes. Probably depends on your network speed as well
    Max wifi upload speed is 128kB/s (kilobytes)
    08-25-2015 04:25 AM
    Max wifi upload speed is 128kB/s (kilobytes)
    Just tested on speedtest, getting 10Mbps down / 8Mbps up on the phone (through WiFi)
    08-25-2015 05:26 AM
    Just tested on speedtest, getting 10Mbps down / 8Mbps up on the phone (through WiFi)
    You're lucky your provider has that combination. The provider I'm using has 10megabits/s down and 1megabits/s upload. The only other place with faster connection speed is my former university but that is cable in one computer lab only, about 64 Megabits/s, bth down and up
    08-25-2015 05:33 AM
    i had build 10166 waiting on the wings on my phone but decided not to press the download button. one day it just started to download, automatically or did i inadvertently had pressed the download button, i dont know ! however it got stuck with the gears spinning. i tried everything with no success (soft and hard resets). then lately tried window recovery tool, but got stuck at 558mb with error messages such as timed out, not connecting to server!! am now going to a week with my phone not usable, its a lumia 925. anyone with a solution
    If you are not good with flashing your lumia then its better to take it to nokia care.I had the same problem.Tried both WPRT and Lumia Recovery Tool..didnt worked out well.So I took it to Nokia Care and they put it back with windows 8.1.Now I have put windows 10 and is working fine.One of the major problems that results in spinning gears and sad face is lack of battery charge.
    08-25-2015 09:01 AM
    Guys,any idea of when we can expect the next build? I think they are going to suspend insider program before OCT to release the mobile OS.So should we expect more stable builds frequently?
    08-26-2015 01:40 AM
    Guys,any idea of when we can expect the next build? I think they are going to suspend insider program before OCT to release the mobile OS.So should we expect more stable builds frequently?
    Microsoft said the following:

Insider Preview expires on October 1, 2015

If youre running Insider Preview, well send you notifications beginning on September 15, 2015 to remind you that its time to upgrade your phone to a newer version
    Mathew K Jose likes this.
    08-26-2015 05:25 AM
    Microsoft said the following:

Insider Preview expires on October 1, 2015

If you’re running Insider Preview, we’ll send you notifications beginning on September 15, 2015 to remind you that it’s time to upgrade your phone to a newer version
    Insider preview expires means????
    Before the launch of desktop OS they suspended the insider program and have restarted again.So I think it will be something similar.They will be launching the mobile OS on OCT first week
    08-26-2015 07:19 AM
    Insider preview expires means????
    Before the launch of desktop OS they suspended the insider program and have restarted again.So I think it will be something similar.They will be launching the mobile OS on OCT first week
    Means the same as the pc insider versions they will just suspend it
    08-26-2015 07:38 AM
    Means the same as the pc insider versions they will just suspend it
    So it means we can expect the launch in OCT first week...
    08-26-2015 09:04 AM
657 ... 2021222324 ...