Build 10512 Thread

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I am going to perform a hard reset soon. I agree with the others that it's a good idea at the best of times, but this build seems to be particularly grumpy without a hard reset. I'm experiencing random, bizarre issues, like notifications causing the hardware buttons to become unresponsive, including Start, search, back, etc. while the whole while, the touchscreen is responsive (can scroll sideways to all apps, etc. but not scroll down the notification centre). Also having issues where waking the phone up, I get my lock wallpaper, but no number pad to enter my PIN. Seeing some of the flickering that others have been mentioning, as well as slow load times on some apps, including the Store. On the bright side, I've been downloading a lot of apps and pinning them to see if I get the Loading... loop, and so far, fingers crossed, nothing... but I still don't think I'm at the numbers I was before.

anon(9573638)

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Haven't ran into any issues yet on my Lumia 930. Upgrade went smoothly without a hard reset (from 10166) and performance seems to have improved a bit more. Also the device seems to stay a bit cooler during 'casual' tasks now.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone had any luck setting up their email with an Office 365 account? Last build I couldn't get that to work - every time I went to add it, I couldn't get to my company's ADFS page to authenticate.

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone missing Outlook Calendar from Settings -> System -> Notification and actions? I am looking at customizing the reminder sounds, and it isn't there. (its on my 928, not my 640).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I had to go through on my ICON... What a freaking nightmare just to get it to install (tried to do the QUICK version)

on 8.1->upgraded to 10166->attempt upgrade to 10512, ended up with a ":-(" -> recovered to 8.1(clean, did not restore and canceled all updates besides insider app)->download 10166 again but, with my phone on the charger all day, battery was at 35%, could not update-> almost 2 hours till battery is usable(dinner time)-> update 10166 again-> HARD RESET -> reinstall insider only-> download 10512= Where I am now, 7 hours later and 10512 is INSTALLED finally, now HARD resetting, and crossing fingers... It's going so far, now about 2-3 hours to get everything like it was before but, on W10M....

Fun, Fun, Fun....oh but I have to play ! (my own fault !)- Really hope they fixed the big bugs of 10166, so it could be my daily driver...

Those big bugs ? The Pebble notifications app, would not show apps would just go "Loading AppList"(so I would only get email on my watch, nothing else) and hang and battery life... I need my Pebble watch and I need the phone to last the day.

The damn Quiet Hours action tile is blinking. Make it stop!

If it was like 10166, just give it a quick reboot and it should fix it...

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything is running ok except the Quiet Hours toggle on the action center....I was hoping for the slow motion feature that was promised two builds ago...still wating

apollomission19

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Anyone knows how to turn off and configure Quiet Hours? It's turned on on this build and I don't want it and never used it before also.
Oh I don't have Cortana in Portugal, so... and I don't see anything about quiet hours in settings.
Thanks

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Upgraded from 10166, everything seems working at the moment. Except the forever blinking Quiet Hour.... Looks like it's a common problem.... :unhappy:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
anybody with MS Band can comment on how it is working with the new build? I had to go back to 8.1 from 10166 because of too many missing notifications. Wonder if this was part of the 2000 fixes.
thanks

Carl Anderson

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
anybody with MS Band can comment on how it is working with the new build? I had to go back to 8.1 from 10166 because of too many missing notifications. Wonder if this was part of the 2000 fixes.
thanks

I was going to say I missed the last few text messages, but then I was in Health and got two new ones, so I can't give you an answer yet. :) I was close to going back to 8.1 due to the band.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Have to say, it is running smoother after hard reset. But I hate doing a hard reset. Reinstalling apps sucks, especially when you don't remember all the ones you had.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 problems on my 1520.
1. can't set a custom ringtone
2. no sound notification for text messages
I did a hard reset, but nothing helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members