Build 10512 Thread

Clem2k3

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here ... any ideas how to unstick the download?

Id rather not go via 8.1 though that may be the sensible option ....

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Build 1051x incoming "next week" = ?

the update downloaded quite fast... seems small in size.
Indeed. To make up for it, the spinning wheels phase takes forever though. Still going.. Rough estimate: 30 minutes of spinning wheels.

If it tells me 'loading...' before showing the start screen, I'm going to lose it.

Madr Diaz Reyes

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Can the video playback bug be fixed with an app update for Movies and TV app? Or will it forever stay like this until the next update?
And I play kissanime videos will it not work, it uses the app to play videos?

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Good to know:

Here are the known issues in the new Windows 10 Mobile preview build 10512 | Windows Central

The worst part: "Some phones with a large number of tiles pinned to the Start screen may get stuck in a state where the device shows "Loading…"; the device will need to be reset or rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 using Windows Phone Recovery Tool."

Sounds familiar. :(

Edit: also good to know:

http://www.windowscentral.com/heres...d-fixed-windows-10-mobile-preview-build-10512

Important fixes:

Resolved an issue where Camera would not launch when the phone was locked."
We fixed an issue where the touch screen wouldn't be responsive after ending a phone call on some devices.

Thank gosh.

mr_fomo

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Some phones with a large number of tiles pinned to the Start screen may get stuck in a state where the device shows "Loading…"; the device will need to be reset or rolled back to Windows Phone 8.1 using Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

I wonder what a "large number of tiles" is ...

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yess, the AT&T splash screen shows at the correct size this time around. I take it as a good sign. Took about 30min of spinning cogs to get to the restart. Right now at "we're getting there" phase. "It will be worth the wait". That's a tall order, given how long the wait was!

hasanajouz

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
for those who think it is stuck on 0%
no need to restore
just wait between 15-30 minutes(depends on your network) and it will directly jump to 21% or 40%

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Sounds familiar. :(
The Start Screen "Loading..." loop was the one problem I was hoping was resolved with this build. :( I am still upgrading, but it's frustrating. They mention a reset or rolling back to Windows Phone 8.1 to "resolve" the issue though I feel that the suggestion of rolling back to Windows Phone 8.1 means a reset only "fixes" it by allowing you to use 10512 until you hit that item limit again, rather than a real fix. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs